Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:20 am

On August 19, e-iceblue upgraded Spire.XLS to version 6.0. new version added some new feature functions, improved performance and Supported Silverlight Plaform.

Main changes:

Silverlight platform supported
    Excel calculate engine entire supported
    Encrypted excel 2007 ~ 2010 file supported
    Spark lines has been supported
    Name range has been supported
    Improved marker designer data type check and data formatting
    Improved read and write pivot table and pivot chart functions
    Improved excel to pdf conversion

Learn more about Spire.XLS
Download Spire.XLS Version 6.0
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi,
I downloaded the latest Spire.XLS version( 6.0.4.2) but it looks that the pivot table still doesn't work.
My test is simple. I just load a xls file that contains a pivot table and some sample data, and then save it to disk with a new name.

my source code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.LoadFromFile(@"c:\ReportFolder\MyPivotTableSample.xls");
workbook.SaveToFile("c:\\ReportFolder\\Sample_" + Guid.NewGuid().ToString().Substring(0,6) + ".xls");

If I open the original file with Microsoft Excel, it's open without problem.
But if I try to open the new Sample_xxxxxx.xls file I get an error: Microsoft Excel has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

If I try also to save as xlsx file
workbook.SaveToFile("c:\\ReportFolder\\Sample_" + Guid.NewGuid().ToString().Substring(0, 6) + ".xlsx",ExcelVersion.Version2007);
I have following error at runtime: Name of worksheet must be unique in a workbook.

Please let me know if I miss something or the pivot table is not fixed yet into version 6.0.

Thanks

victor

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:50 am

Hello victor,

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and thank you for patiences with our reply.

We have made a demo but it doesn't thow the error as yours,Would you please send your file to help us reproduce the question?
Have a nice day.
Thanks and Regards.
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:06 am

Hello victor,

We have fixed the bug: could not load a xls file that contains a pivot table. Please download Spire.XLS hot fix v6.0.7 from http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... t-now.html.
About the error at runtime: "Name of worksheet must be unique in a workbook", it caused by resaving a Workbook object without License file.

Thanks and Regards.
Harry
Technical Support / Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

harry.support

Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:21 am

Hi!

i'm aLso having this issue, even with the hotfix appLied.

I would like to attach the sample file here but your site only allows up to 256kb.

Thanks!

rayjeremya

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:58 am

Hi rayjeremya,

So sorry for the inconvenience.

Please send the sample to support@e-iceblue.com. Our techncal support will test it and fix it ASAP.

Have a nice day!
e-iceblue support

iceblue support

Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 am

Sent.

rayjeremya

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:08 am

Hi rayjeremya,

Thank you for reporting this problem to us.

We are so sorry that there is indeed some issue exists in xls with pivot table. At the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, you will surely be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience. However, Spire.Xls can handle xlsx file with pivot table perfectly. Would you please use xlsx file as a workaround until we fix the issue with xls file with pivot table?

By the way, we didn't receive the xls file you sent. Which e-mail address you sent to, is it support@e-iceblue.com?
Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

In case of any ambiguity, please let me know. Have a great day!

BR
Suvi
e-iceblue support

Suvi.Wu

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:41 pm

Hello dear About the error at runtime: "Name of worksheet must be unique in a workbook", it caused by resaving a Workbook object without License file.
:roll:
!!!..<<..Usman Gee..>>..!!!

jhonsmith

Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 am

I join. And I have faced it.

Higtelvesueli

Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:33 am

Hello Higtelvesueli,

Could you please describe your issue in detail? It would help that we figure out the solution for you. If it is the error at runtime: "Name of worksheet must be unique in a workbook", it caused by resaving a Workbook object without License file.

If there are any questions, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team

Gary.zhang

Return to Spire.XLS