Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:19 pm

I downloaded the demo version and included the Spire.XLS dll along with the license dll in my solution. I get the following error at runtime:

Could not load file or assembly 'Spire.XLS, Version=5.8.9.3, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7fdbc5e92357a8da' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

My solution is using the 3.5 framework running on Windows 7 64bit. I'm using VS 2010.

I like what I see in the demo projects and was hoping that I can use your product to convert xls to xlsx and xlsx to xls in my own project before I buy the product.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

tnero

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 am

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by us and thank you for your patience with our reply.
Please try codes as below:
Code: Select all
//convert Xlsx to Xls
Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
            workbook.LoadFromFile(@"..\..\Test.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Version2007);
            Worksheet worksheet = workbook.Worksheets[0];
            worksheet.Range["A1"].Text = "Hello World";
            workbook.SaveToFile(@"..\..\Sample.xls", ExcelVersion.Version97to2003);
            System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(workbook.FileName);

//Convert Xls to Xlsx
            Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
workbook.LoadFromFile(@"..\..\Sample.xls",ExcelVersion.Version97to2003);
Worksheet worksheet=workbook .Worksheets[0];
worksheet.Range["A2"].Text = "Convert to xlsx";
workbook.SaveToFile("Test2.xlsx",ExcelVersion.Version2007);
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(workbook.FileName );

If you still you have any problems, please contact us.
Tina
Technical Support/Developer,
e-iceblue Support Team

Tina.Lin

Return to Spire.XLS