Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:57 pm

I'm testing several PDF text extraction frameworks and Spire is one of the best. My goal is to extract data from bank statements.

The only problem I found was that for some PDFs, Spire will get rid of space between words. For example, "Balance forward" becomes "Balanceforward". It works just fine on several other.

Any idea what can be done to solve this?

This works just fine on Aspose, IronPDF and ABC PDF.

Thanks,

Igor

igorguerra85
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:04 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I did an initial test, but didn't reproduce your problem. The version I used is the latest version(Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.8.2). If you were not using the latest version, please first give it a try. If the issue still exists after trying, please provide your sample PDF file for further investigation. You could attach it here or send to us via email ([email protected]). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:13 am

Hello,

Hope you're doing well.
How is your issue going? Has it been resolved? If not, could you please provide your sample PDF file to us for further investigation? You could attach it here or send to us via email ([email protected]). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:56 pm

Hi Annika,

Unfortunately I really can't share the PDF that I have. I tried to find a public one with the same issue but I couldn't. Please feel free to close the ticket.

Thanks,

Igor

igorguerra85
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Please kindly note that we take customers’ confidential information as seriously as them. We promise to keep your document confidential and we will not use it for any other purpose. Hence, you could also remove the security data of your document as long as it can reproduce your issue and then send it to our email ([email protected]).

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi Annika,

Let me pass this information along and see if I can get an approval to share it.

Thanks a lot for caring. It's good to know we are going to have a support that we can count on.

Thanks,

Igor

igorguerra85
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:00 am

Hi,

Okay. We look forward to your further information.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF