Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 am

Hello

I'm trying to use Spire.PDF for .NET standard on Ubuntu 18.04 docker.

At the start of the Dockerfile I issue the following commands:

RUN apt-get install -y libgdiplus
RUN ln -s /usr/lib/libgdiplus.so /usr/lib/gdiplus.dll

and I've already checked that libgdiplus is present in /usr/lib.

The project references the following nuget packages:

<PackageReference Include="Spire.PDF" Version="6.9.0" />
<PackageReference Include="System.Drawing.Common" Version="4.7.0" />

When I try to set the Text of a PdfTextBoxFieldWidget I receive the following error:

Unable to load shared library 'libdl' or one of its dependencies. In order to help diagnose loading problems, consider setting the LD_DEBUG environment variable: liblibdl: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Do you have a solution to suggest?

Thank you in advance

Daniele Bruni

tecnike.net
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 am

Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:29 am

Hello again

I already solved the issue by adding libc6-dev to the initial installs. The Dockerfile now contains the following lines:

RUN apt-get install -y libgdiplus libc6-dev
RUN ln -s /usr/lib/libgdiplus.so /usr/lib/gdiplus.dll

And everything seems to work correctly.

Best regards

Daniele Bruni

tecnike.net
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:41 am

Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:01 am

Hello Daniele,

Glad to hear that you have solved this issue!
Feel free to contact us if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

rachel.lei
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 am

Return to Spire.PDF