Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:28 pm

Hello! I have built my application and am now looking to distribute it. I would prefer to provide a single executable to the users.

To do this I will need to statically link the libraries together. It doesn't appear that one is provided.

I am using version 10.7.3

Would it be possible to get one so I can configure my build into a shareable executable?

AppliedCAx_ochscs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:03 pm

Sun Jan 26, 2025 3:15 am

Hello,

Thank you for your letter. I testd to install our latest Spire.PDF.Cpp 10.7.3 via Nuget, the generated. exe program ran without any problems. Here I have attached my .exe project, you can double-click to run and test it. Sorry, I'm not quite sure what your project scenario is. In order for us to investigate accurately, could you please provide some screenshots for reference? Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Mon Jan 27, 2025 3:41 pm

How can I build the project in a way that only a single exe needs to be shared?

In the example project there are other dlls and libs in the folder. The desire for my project is to build the executable so that only the exe needs to be shared without any other supporting files.

Spire pdf is the only external dependency in my project so there is no need to worry about any other libraries.

AppliedCAx_ochscs
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2025 5:03 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2025 6:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, what I provided earlier was the. exe program in debug folder. If you need to package other dlls and libs into an exe file, you may need to use other third party tools. Sorry we don't have any relevant operation guidance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Return to Spire.PDF