Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:03 pm

Hello,

I am looking for documentation about the namespace: Spire.Pdf.Interchange.TaggedPdf (.Net) at your API-reference:
Do they even exist there or am I overlooking them?

Could you please help me. Thanks for your last answer :)

Kind regards
Uwe

Uwe_Ranglack
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:35 pm

Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry Our API documentation may not be very comprehensive.
Could you please let us know your specific requirement? Do you want to create a Tagged PDF document? If so, you can refer to this tutorial(C#/VB.NET: Create a Tagged PDF Document) to test. or you can share more details about your demand, then we will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,
Herman
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Herman.Yan
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:00 am

Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:12 am

Hello Herman,

thanks for your reply. :-)

The above example has already helped me a lot to get started.

Accessibility requirements for documents are already regulated by EU law and will become punitive from mid-2025. In this context, I need tables that are properly tagged so that they can be read aloud with the appropriate tools (e.g. screen reader). So I am looking for a fitting API. According to the recommendations on the accessibility of PDF files on the Internet I found, tables should be tagged as follows:

<table>
<thead>
<tr>
<th scope="col">Headline 1</>
<th scope="col">Headline 2</>
<th scope="col">Headline 3</>
</tr>
</thead>
</tbody>
<tr>
<th scope="row">Rowline 1</>
<td>ABC</>
<td>CDE</>
</tr>
<tr>
<td scope="row">Rowline 2</>
<td>FGH</>
<td>IJK</>
</tr>
<t/body>
</table>

The scope attribute allows the heading to be read out for each cell.

I have already managed the nested tag structure. However, I can't get the cell contents into the tags (th and td), they are all together still in the table tag <table>. Furthermore, I can't get the scope attribute to work as an attribute.

I test the table structure with the program PAC 2021 (PDF Accessiblity Checker 2021, Button: Logical Structure).

I would be grateful for a few suggestions or examples.

Kind regards
Uwe

Uwe_Ranglack
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:35 pm

Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:14 am

Hello,

Do you want that the table of output PDF is created by "<table>" attribute like in the screenshot below?
CCB20E33-E4E3-4fd1-8B3A-DA4201A1D302.png

Currently our product created it by the path attribute. I attached our current generated PDF here. Can you provide us with an example document for this <table> attribute? And then our developers will do more investigations to check if there is any approach can fulfill your requirements.If there is any misunderstanding, please also provide more information such as some document and screenshots, so that we can investigate your issue accurately. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Herman
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Herman.Yan
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:00 am

Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:29 am

Hallo Herman,

thanks for your reply.

I need the tags inside the table, like THead, TBody, TR, TH, TD (PDFStandardStructTypes) and also the specification of attributes.

I can't get the content into the last tag (<TH> or <TD>) and also the specification of attributes. There I would be grateful for an example.

Attached are a few examples of how it might look. In the Word example the specification of the scope attribute is still missing, otherwise this is already very good. In the HTML example the tags and the attributes are ok, only there I can't determine the layout exactly.

Kind regards
Uwe

Uwe_Ranglack
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:35 pm

Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:57 am

Hello,

Thank you for sharing more information.
As for the THead, TBody, TR, TH, TD (PDFStandardStructTypes), sorry that at present our Spire.PDF doesn’t support it. We will consider adding it as a new feature into our upgrade list, it has been logged by the ticket SPIREPDF-5964. if it is feasible in the future, we will let you know asap. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:40 am

Hello,

Glad to inform that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:9.7.0 which supported this new feature, please download it from the following links and refer to the attached sample code to test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/9.7.0

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron