Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:59 am

Hi
i am currently evaluating different solutions to print pdf label files . I tried spire.pdf.
It works well. However I have some questions:

-is it possible to use the component in a windows service? (I making some tests with a console application an I' ve noticed that after the print method, the component open a dos windows, I don't understand if a "no user interface mode" exists).
-I'm not sure that the component uses the printer driver during the print process. We' have some printers that allow to store extra settings using the driver (send some pre print commands before the printer process)
-we needs to print some documents simultaneously on different printers (every document have only a page). May we use the "free component"?

Thanks in advance

Moris

morisbozzetto
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 am

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:10 am

Hi Moris,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Below are my answers to your questions.
1) Our Spire.PDF can be used in windows service app. Kindly note the dos window is the default behavior of Console app when running, if you don't want to open it, please change the Console application to Windows Application in the "Output type" setting. See the attached screenshot for details.
2) Our Spire.PDF supports setting printer properties, such as printer name, copies and so on. Sample code is shown as below. If this is not what you want, pleas provide further information to help us have a better understanding on your need.
Code: Select all
            PdfDocument pdf = new PdfDocument();
            pdf.LoadFromFile(file);

            pdf.PrintSettings.PrinterName = "PrinterName";
            //Setting landscape print
            pdf.PrintSettings.Landscape = true;
            //Set color printing
            pdf.PrintSettings.Color = true;
            //Set up double-sided printing
            pdf.PrintSettings.Duplex = new Duplex();
            //Set the number of prints
            pdf.PrintSettings.Copies = 6;
            //Set the print controller without printing process dialog
            pdf.PrintSettings.PrintController = new StandardPrintController();
            pdf.Print();

3) Yes, you can use our Free Spire.PDF, just go head.
Friendly Reminder: Free Spire.PDF has limitations on pages, and we don't upgrade our free version regularly. Hence, our commercial version is more stable and contains more features than the free one, I would suggest that you evaluate our commercial version (Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.8.2), we are willing to provide you with a one-month temporary license. You can apply for a temporary license from this link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/TemLicense.html. If there is any question, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:33 am

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using a Novex printer (see attached image) and we send custom commands to the printer using the windows driver settings.
I have to understand if the windows driver settings will be used during the print with Spire.PDF.

BR

morisbozzetto
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 am

Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:41 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry that we don't have a Novex printer as yours to verify the same driver settings in your screenshot. As per my understanding, what you want is to set some attributes on the printer driver and then use our Spire.PDF to print. The print method of our product is sending the PDF document to printer list, hence it will apply the settings you set to the printer driver to the papers. I did a test with a printer named "HP Universal Printing PCL 6" , and found all the settings on the printer driver took effect. Please try on your side, if there is any question or misunderstanding, please feel free to write back.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF