Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:25 pm

I'm trying to load spire.PDF free edition 3.2.52.56040 on MSSQL 2012 so I can create a PDF from inside a stored procedure. I get the error "...references assembly 'system.web, version=4.0.0.0 ... which is not present in the current database..."

system.web is not supported and will not load on MSSQL. Is there any workaround for this issue or is it not possible to use spire.PDF on MSSQL?

Bill.Schalck
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:36 pm

I just tried the pay version 3.7.0.5040 and have the same issue.

Bill.Schalck
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:26 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry. Here is the tutorial for your reference.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Util ... L-CLR.html

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Gary.zhang
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 am

Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Thanks, but I can't get that to work. I put the incorrect SQL version in the title, we have SQL server 2014 which does not support CLR 2.0. If I try to use v4.0 I can register [System.Windows.Forms] but [System.Web] will not register and [Microsoft.mshtml] is not found:
CREATE ASSEMBLY [System.Web]
FROM 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\System.Web.dll'
WITH PERMISSION_SET=UNSAFE

Msg 10300, Level 16, State 2, Line 8
Assembly 'System.Web' references assembly 'system.web, version=4.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.', which is not present in the current database. SQL Server attempted to locate and automatically load the referenced assembly from the same location where referring assembly came from, but that operation has failed (reason: version, culture or public key mismatch). Please load the referenced assembly into the current database and retry your request.

CREATE ASSEMBLY [Microsoft.mshtml]
FROM'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.mshtml.dll'
WITH PERMISSION_SET=UNSAFE

Msg 6501, Level 16, State 7, Line 15
CREATE ASSEMBLY failed because it could not open the physical file 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.mshtml.dll': 2(The system cannot find the file specified.).

Bill.Schalck
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:35 pm

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:17 am

Hello,

Here are some threads for your reference.
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/psssql ... rted-list/
http://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/ ... -b03f5f7f1

Sincerely,
Gary
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Gary.zhang
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:30 am

Return to Spire.PDF