Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:19 am

Dears
Please note that there is an issue in searching for Arabic words in Spire 6.8.1 , this function was working in version 6.5.15.0 however when upgrading to 6.8.1 , the system couldn't find any Arabic words

I am using the following code

PdfTextFindCollection PDFcol= PDFpage.FindText("العربية");

I have attached a sample document to reproduce the issue

NasserTohamy
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:32 am

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note the method you used is discarded in the latest version. Please use the new method as below. And I tested your document both with Spire.Pdf(6.8.1) and the latest version(Spire.PDF Version:6.8.5), but didn't reproduce your issue. Arabic words can be found in PDF.
If the problem persists after trying the new method and latest version, please provide your test environment, such as OS information(E.g. Windows 7,64bit), Region setting (E.g. China, Chinese) and the .NET Framework version of your application as well as your full code. Thanks in avdance.
Code: Select all
PdfTextFindCollection collection = page.FindText("العربية",TextFindParameter.IgnoreCase);


Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:03 pm

Thank you for your response, I tested against many documents, and I found that if the document includes only Arabic words then it will find the search words successfully however in case the document include mixed Arabic and English words , Spire 6.8.1 & 6.8.5 couldn't find the arabic words

Spire 6.8.1/.5 will not be able to find words in the attached sample (TestMixedWords_Ar-En.pdf) which use mixed Arabic and English knowing that I have used the following code

PdfTextFindCollection PDFcol= PDFpage.FindText("تامر جاد", TextFindParameter.IgnoreCase);

It is worth to mention that I have tested the attached code and sample in Spire 6.5.15 and it can find the search word successfully

NasserTohamy
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:16 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
I have tested the document you provided and indeed found the problem you mentioned. I have logged this problem into our bug tracking system with ticket number SPIREPDF-3532. Once it is fixed or there is any update, I will inform you immediately. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:32 pm

Hello
Please advise if you have any updates for the reported issue or advise when I can expect a response for this issue

NasserTohamy
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:40 pm

Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Our development department has submitted this question to the testing department. I will notify you as soon as the hotfix version is released. Wish you a nice day!

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:08 am

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.
Glad to inform that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:6.9.0 which fixes the issue SPIREPDF-3532. Please download it from the following links to test.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/6.9.0

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 am

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.
Do you use the hotfix? Has your issue been resolved?

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron