Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:57 am

Hello!

I'm trying to use the Spire Free PDF library from your repository and it just takes too long for the dependency to be downloaded on my computer. The big problem is that I use Jenkins for CI/CD and it gives me a timeout error:

Code: Select all
What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Could not download spire.doc.free-3.9.0.jar (e-iceblue:spire.doc.free:3.9.0)
   > Could not get resource 'http://repo.e-iceblue.com/nexus/content/groups/public/e-iceblue/spire.doc.free/3.9.0/spire.doc.free-3.9.0.jar'.
      > Read timed out


I tried to increase the timeout using these two properties in the Gradle Wrapper, but without success:
Code: Select all
/gradlew build -Dorg.gradle.internal.http.socketTimeout=60000 -Dorg.gradle.internal.http.connectionTimeout=60000 jacocoTestReport


On my personal computer, it takes around 5 minutes to download the dependency. On my work computer, where I have the VPN provided by my company, the download time is the same: 4-5 minutes. The Jenkins that I'm using is hosted by my company to manage different projects and the Gradle file looks like this:

Code: Select all
repositories {
   mavenCentral()
   maven {
      url "http://repo.e-iceblue.com/nexus/content/groups/public/"
   }
}

dependencies {
   implementation group: 'e-iceblue', name: 'spire.doc.free', version: '3.9.0'
}


Is there something I can do to fix this issue? Or maybe there is a problem with the repository itself? :?

RobertNickRevnic
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:43 am

Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I created a Gradle project and set the Gradle file as you did, but found that it only takes less than 30 seconds to download the dependency. I'm afraid this issue is related to your network. Our repository is hosted on AWS, so I suggest you can switch to a US VPN line and try again.

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

rachel.lei
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 am

Return to Spire.PDF