Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Jul 04, 2021 6:21 pm

Hello,

Im using approach mentioned at Convert-HTML-to-PDF-with-New-Plugin to convert html to pdf.
however after the pdf generation, if i open the generated output file in Microsoft Word, i have noticed that in some words some letters become blank spaces.

however i managed to get this problem fixed via using Spire.Doc to load and export pdf , with embedded fonts enabled. but im still happy with the output i got when im using Spire.Pdf new method. will you be able to let me know how to embed fonts in PDF file ( almost every font which has been used )

to regenerate the issue
1. prepare a html document with some words such as presentation
2. import html and generate pdf
3. open the pdf in MS word and you will see the word presentation becomes presenta on ( TI words become blank spaces)

How do i fix this?

infra
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:28 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
According to your description, I simulated a html file with the word “presentation”, and then converted it to pdf with New Plugin. But when I opened the generated PDF in MS Word, I did not observe the issue you mentioned. To help us investigate further, could you please provide your html file, your project target framework (e.g. .NET Framework 4.5) as well as your OS information (e.g. Windows7, 64bit)? You can send them to us ([email protected]) via email.
Besides, I am sorry that our Spire.PDF doesn’t yet support embedding all fonts that are not embedded in the PDF. If it can be implemented in the future, we will let you know.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:26 am

Hello,

can you please try with this html file.
i'm using windows 10 64 bit / .net framework 4.6
sample html.zip

infra
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:47 am

Hello,

Thanks for providing your html file.

I converted your html to a PDF and then opened the PDF in MS Word, I did notice some letters were missing.

In fact, our plugin method is based on the Qt plugin of the Chrome kernel. I tried to use Chrome to directly convert the your HTML file to PDF, but I got the same result when opening the PDF in MS Word. You can refer to the attached screenshots to verify it. I'm afraid there is no way to solve this issue with our product at the moment. Hope you can understand and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Return to Spire.PDF