Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi,

We're creating an application that needs to electronically sign a PDF using an electronic ID card that has the private key embedded in the card and cannot be downloaded. In order to sign using this card, one is supposed to create a hash of the to-be-secured object (the pdf in this case), send this to the card to sign it with its private key and retrieve the result. This result should be placed in the PDF as an electronic signature.
The result received after signing the hash string will be the digital certificate information and the signed hash string, then we will rely on this information to create a pdf file with a complete signature

I was wondering if this is possible with Spire.PDF? I searched through the SDK but couldn't seem to find a way to do this. Does Spire.PDF only support signatures based on a certificate with both public and private key embedded within? Or is there an other way?

--------------
I found a similar way supported by iText, May I ask if SpirePDF supports such a way?
stackoverflow.com/questions/55042503/sign-pdf-hash-using-java-and-itext

Thanks.

duchaindh94
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 am

Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:00 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Sorry for that our Spire.PDF for java does not support hash signature at present. I have submitted the requirement to our Dev team to investigate if it can be realized in the future, if there is any update, I will inform you.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:57 am

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
Glad to inform you that our Spire.PDF for java supports hash signature. Please download Spire.PDF for Java Version:8.9.1 and refer to the sample demo in the attachment for testing.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron