Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:59 pm

I'm trying to add a custom property with name "2.16.76.1.4.2.2.1" and value "101620", but i'm receiving the exception "bad XML name".

Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!

cd.lucon
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for your post.
I tested your case and indeed found the problem that you mentioned. I have logged this problem into our bug tracking system with ticket number SPIREPDF-3557. Once there is any update, I will inform you immediately. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, Lynn!

Is there a way we can work this around, like disabling the XML validation or adding that custom property in another way? Unfortunately the custom properties we need to add start with a number duo to some Brazilian medical digital signature regulation.

Thanks!

cd.lucon
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Hey guys!

We are facing the same problem here. We need to add some custom property that starts with a number and we can't, it generates an invalid PDF due to this but. I believe the use case is the same as "cd.lucon" has indicated, due to some Brazilian medical digital signature regulation, we need to add those keys to prof that it has been signed to authorized doctores.

Here are the custom property keys we need to add:

- 2.16.76.1.4.2.2.1
- 2.16.76.1.4.2.2.2
- 2.16.76.1.4.2.2.3
- 2.16.76.1.4.2.3.1
- 2.16.76.1.4.2.3.2
- 2.16.76.1.4.2.3.3
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.1
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.2
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.3
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.4
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.5
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.6
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.7
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.8
- 2.16.76.1.12.1.11

Is it possible to show us a way to make that happen while we wait for a new version with the bug fix? Otherwise we'll need to look for another lib that allow us to add those tags, unfortunately.

Thx!

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:00 am

Hi cd.lucon,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I'm sorry to tell you that there is no workaround at present. Our Dev team will look into the issue ASAP. Once there is any progress, we will notify you immediately.



Hi tecnologiahub,

Thanks for your post.
I want to confirm with you, whether the keys you sent start with "2" or "-2". If you use "- 2.16.76.1.4.2.2.1", I didn't encounter any issue after testing. The custom property could be added successfully. For this case, could you please provide your code and test file for further investigation?
If you use "2.16.76.1.4.2.2.1", the issue is same as "cd.lucon". There would be an exception when using the code "SetCustomProperty". I am afraid at present there is no other way but for waiting for the fix. I had posted your information to our Dev team, and they will look into the issue SPIREPDF-3557 ASAP. Once there is any progress, we will notify you immediately. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:56 pm

Hey, Lynn.

The keys we need to add start with number. The "-" was to make a list here only.

Other question: Does the 3 Business Days Guarantee Hotfix apply here? We got the license in April, if I'm not wrong.

Thx!

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I got information that the issue is under testing phase now. But it is uncertain whether this version can be provided for you within 3 business days, since the test results are still pending for some time. Anyway, once the test passes, I will send you the hotfix immediately. Thanks for your waiting and understanding.

Sincerely,
Lynn
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

lynn.zhang
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:27 am

Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:15 pm

Hi, Lynn!

Any news on this issue?

Thanks!

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:50 am

Hi,

Thanks for waiting.
Now the hotfix is available. Please download it from following link.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/Temp ... _6.9.7.zip
If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Hi, thank you so much for the reply, it's working now, but we're having another issues with metadata.

If we create a metadata with a name with a null value, it doesn't create the empty metadata.

Here's an example:

Code: Select all
info.SetCustomProperty("1234", "");


It'll not create a custom property in the file with the name "1234" with an empy value.

It also happens with text names with empty values.

I hope you'll fix this as soon as this fix you made.

Once again thank you so much for the support.

Kind Regards

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
Note our Spire.PDF follows the rules of Adobe. I am afaird the issue you mentioned is not a bug, since you also cannot add empty metadata in PDF via Adobe directly. If the value or name is empty, the "Add" button is gray and cannot be checked. Hope you could understand.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 pm

That's strange, we did it with other library, here's an example:

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:50 pm

We woul like to have this feature, please see if it's possible or not.

Kind Regards

tecnologiahub
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:07 am

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:27 am

Hi,

Thanks for your information.
I have posted your requirement to our Dev team for furhter investigation. We will let you know if there is any update.
Besides, please provide a PDF file with empty value/name for custom property created by other library.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 am

Hi cd.lucon and tecnologiahub,

Glad to inform you we officially relase Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:6.9.16 which solves SPIREPDF-3557.
Our Website: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
NuGet: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/6.9.16

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron