Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:04 pm

Hey,

I'm using the free version of spire.xls and pdf.. It is a very powerfull tool!

I've noticed a weird behavior when converting xls/xlsx files to pdf/png with RTL cells..
For example -
a text like -
אחד 123XLS
shoule have the hebrew word - אחד
on its RIGHT when marking it as READING ORDER RTL
this is my code -
Code: Select all
        workbook.loadFromFile("C:\\Projects\\bartikun\\example.xlsx");
        workbook.getConverterSetting().setSheetFitToPage(true);
        workbook.getActiveSheet().isRightToLeft(true);
        workbook.getActiveSheet().getCellRange("A1").getStyle().setReadingOrder(ReadingOrderType.RightToLeft);

        workbook.getActiveSheet().saveToImage("C:\\Projects\\bartikun\\example.png");
        workbook.getActiveSheet().saveToPdf("C:\\Projects\\bartikun\\example.pdf");

I have attached the pdf and png. both have the hebrew letters on the left side - as of setting LTR and not RTL..

It seems like the file conversion cant apply the RTL setting :S

Edited:
May be related to
e-iceblue .com/forum/xsl-to-pdf-issues-t9736.html

Thank you,

Yariv

BlueEggg
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am

Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:41 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I tested your case with both Free Spire.XLS for Java Version:3.9.1 and the latest commercial version Spire.XLS for Java Version:3.11.2, and did find that the content of the generated PDF/png was incorrect. I have posted this issue to our Dev team with the ticket SPIREXLS-2938 for further investigation. If there are any updates, we will notify you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:41 am

Hey Brian

thanks for the fast response :)
We find this fix very important for a future release version we plan.

Can you estimate when the dev team start working on it?
And Can I track the ticket somehow?

Thanks again !

Yariv

BlueEggg
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am

Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:13 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Our Dev team will deal with the issues according to the order of submission, sorry at this moment I can’t provide an estimate time about this. Besides, our bug tracking system is not available to our customers. Once there is any update, we will inform you here immediately.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:10 am

Hello,

Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.XLS for Java Version:3.12.3 which fixes your issue, please download it from the following links to test on your side. Look forward to your testing result.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/xls-for-java.html
Maven link: http://repo.e-iceblue.com/nexus/content ... ls/3.12.3/

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:35 pm

Hey,

Thank you for the quick response.
I am using the xls free version though..

I switch to the spire.xls now

I am getting this error while running the same code..
its happening when initializing a workbook object


Code: Select all

// POM
<dependency>
<groupId> e-iceblue </groupId>
<artifactId>spire.xls</artifactId>
<version>3.12.3</version>
</dependency>


        Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
 
com.spire.xls.packages.sprsYc: Culture Name: en-IL is not a supported culture
   at com.spire.xls.packages.sprwgC.spr (CultureInfo.java:755) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.sprwgC.<init>(CultureInfo.java:86) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.sprwgC.spr  (CultureInfo.java:1187) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.spriFA.spr  (Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.spriFA.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.sprMSa.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.packages.sprbta.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.core.spreadsheet.XlsWorkbook.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.spire.xls.Workbook.<init>(Unknown Source) ~[spire.xls-3.12.3.jar:3.12.3]
   at com.example.demo.controllers.GreetingController.getInventoryIds(GreetingController.java:22) ~[classes/:na]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_261]
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[na:1.8.0_261]
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.8.0_261]
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[na:1.8.0_261]



Any ideas?

thanks!

BlueEggg
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:49 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Sorry we only update the free version irregularly, the latest bug fixes will be included in the paid version first.
As for the new issue you mentioned, I did an initial test but did not reproduce it. I suggest you try to set the default locale as follows.
Code: Select all
        Locale.setDefault(new Locale("en"));
        Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
        …

If the issue persists after trying, to help us investigate further, please provide your OS information (e.g. Win7 64bit), your region setting (e.g. China, Chinese) and the JDK version (e.g. jdk1.8.0_131). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:23 pm

Hey Brian,

My region is Israel.
I changed the Region format - from English(Israel) to English(United States)
Thats how the format really changed from en-IL to en-US...

The locale.setDefault is a solution I've already tried before... which didn't work.

Well, after changing the region format in my PC, it worked as accepted!!

I have some further questions,
1 - Can you support en-IL region format as well?
2 - Will this bugfix be in the next free version? If so, can you provide date estimation of an upgrade to the free version?

(I'm using win 10 Pro. jdk1.8.0_261)

Thank you,
Yariv

BlueEggg
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:51 am

Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:37 am

Hello,

Thanks for providing more information.
1. After changing the Region format to English(Israel), I did reproduce your issue. This issue has been logged in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREXLS-3032. If there is any update, we will let you know.
2. Sorry we only update the free version irregularly, I am afraid that it will not be updated in a short time. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Return to Spire.PDF