Dear Spire.PDF Support Team,
I am currently using the Spire.Free PDF for Java library (the free version) and am encountering an issue with embedding the "Noto Sans" custom font.
My current implementation for standard fonts, which works correctly, is as follows:
Java
PdfTrueTypeFont fontBold = new PdfTrueTypeFont(new Font(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica.getName(), Font.BOLD, (int) fontSize), true);
However, when I attempt to use a custom font like "Noto Sans" by providing the font file, it does not work. I have tried passing the font file directly to the constructor, but the font is not correctly applied in the generated PDF.
Could you please clarify if this difficulty with embedding custom TrueType fonts, such as Noto Sans, is a known limitation of the free version of your library?
Specifically, does the paid version of Spire.PDF for Java offer different or more robust functionality for loading and embedding fonts from external .ttf files? I need to confirm whether upgrading to the paid version will resolve this specific issue.
Thank you for your time and assistance.
Best regards,
Jacopo.