Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello,

i am currently evaluating different solutions to print pdf files. I tried spire.pdf.
It does work pretty decently. However i encountered some issues with the pdf files that I need to print.
Some text parts are not printed at all. They are just missing. To clarify. The document which I print is a product label which will be applied on barrels.
Those product labels do have a barcode and security warnings in multiple different languages. Apparently russian, china and the arabic translations are missing.
So I assumed that missing fonts might be the issue. I though that the libary is using all the fonts which are installed on the system. So I installed the language packs with the specific fonts on the windows server. Sadly it did not solve my issue. The text parts are still missing.

I am not sure if I identified the issues correctly. Any suggestions how I can solve that issue?

That's pretty much the code which is used to start the printing:
Code: Select all
        public static bool PrintPDFs(string pdfFileName)
        {
            try
            {
                var printCfg = CustomPrintCfg.LoadFromAppSettings();
                using (PdfDocument document = new PdfDocument(pdfFileName))
                {
                    if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(printCfg.PrinterName))
                    {
                        document.PrintSettings.PrinterName = printCfg.PrinterName;
                    }
                    document.PrintSettings.SelectSinglePageLayout(Spire.Pdf.Print.PdfSinglePageScalingMode.ActualSize, false, printCfg.PrinterCustomScaling);

                    document.PrintSettings.Landscape = true;
                    if (printCfg.PrintPaperSize != null)
                    {
                        document.PrintSettings.PaperSize = new PaperSize("CustomSize",
                            printCfg.PrintPaperSize.Value.width, printCfg.PrintPaperSize.Value.height);
                    }
                    if (printCfg.PrintPaperMargin != null)
                    {
                        document.PrintSettings.SetPaperMargins(printCfg.PrintPaperMargin.Value.top,
                            printCfg.PrintPaperMargin.Value.bottom,
                            printCfg.PrintPaperMargin.Value.left,
                            printCfg.PrintPaperMargin.Value.rigth);
                    }
                    document.Print();
                }
                return true;
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                _logger.Error(ex);
                return false;
            }
        }

Developer86
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:36 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I simulated a PDF that contains Russian, China, and Arabic strings and tested your case, but did not reproduce your issue. To help us investigate further, please provide your PDF file. You could send it to us([email protected]) via email. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Elena.Zhang
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:18 am

Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Thank you for your fast response. I have send you a photo of the printed pdf as well as the pdf itself on the e-mail address you have given me.

Best regards
Simon

Developer86
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for providing your file via email.
I did an initial test with the latest Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.3.3 and did reproduce your issue. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-4142. If there is any update, we will inform you immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Elena
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Elena.Zhang
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:18 am

Mon May 31, 2021 12:21 pm

hello,

any news regarding that issue? I can't look into tickets.

Best regards
Simon

Developer86
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:19 am

Hello Simon,

Thanks for your follow up.
I just check the status of your issue and found that it has not been solved. Our Dev team is still investigating your issue. Anyway, I have requested them to share any possible ETA at their earliest time. I will inform you as soon as there is any update.

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:51 am

Hello Simon,

Greetings from E-iceblue!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:7.7.10 which fixes the issue SPIREPDF-4142, please download it from the following links to test on your side. Looking forward to your test result.
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/7.7.10

Sincerely,
Brian
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Brian.Li
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 am

Return to Spire.PDF