Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Aug 14, 2025 12:20 am

Hello,

I'm trying to detect if text is rotated at all on a page (such as vertical text), but I don't see a way to do it. I checked for inverted width/height values, and rotation information on the SearchPage object but don't see any difference on rotated text. Is it possible?

Code: Select all
var collections = new Dictionary<(int PageNumber, PdfPageBase PageBase), PdfTextFindCollection>();
foreach (var page in pages)
{
    var collection = page.Value.FindAllText();
    collections.Add((page.Key, page.Value), collection);
}
foreach (var collection in collections)
{
    var pageNumber = collection.Key.Item1;
    var pdfPage = collection.Key.Item2;
    var pageCollection = collection.Value;
    foreach (var find in pageCollection.Finds)
    {
        var text = find.MatchText;
        // ??? find contains page rotation info, but not text rotation info
    }
}

replaysMike
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:43 pm

Thu Aug 14, 2025 5:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
I have recorded your requirements in our tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-7673. Our development team will further investigate whether this feature can be developed. Once there is any progress, I will inform you immediately. Thank you for your understanding.
Sincerely,
Talia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

talia.liu
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2025 3:33 am

Return to Spire.PDF