Spire.Barcode is a professional barcode library specially designed for .NET developers (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core) and Java developers (J2SE and J2EE) to generate, read and scan 1D & 2D barcodes.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 pm

We are still using version 1.2.5.21040, and see now that the product requires paid licensing if we want to upgrade to 2.3. Does 2.3 provide any performance improvement over 1.2? The process has already been so slow and CPU intensive (sometimes takes minutes to scan one barcode).

See our last post in 2014:

post12571.html?hilit=performance#p12571

Still awful.

laurin1

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 am

Hello,

Thank you for contacting.
The Free Spire.BarCode for .NET Version:2.3 is our latest free Spire.BarCode version, it doesn't need to apply the license, please make sure that you were using the correct one. Besides, I tested the file "test01.tif" that you provided in 2014 post with the latest free version, the scanning costs about 25s. However, it costs about 20s when using our latest commercial version Spire.BarCode(Hot Fix) Version:3.5.0. Thus, I suggest you download the latest commercial version to test again. Meanwhile, when scanning, please kindly note that the internal scanning mechanism of our Spire.Barcode is that it needs to match all information of the image rather than only the Barcode part. The more content an image has, the more slower scanning speed will be. If there is any question, please provide your current testing image to further look into it.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
Could you please let us know how is the latest commercial version working? Any feedback will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-icbelue support team

Lisa.Li

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:05 pm

I am not getting notified of replies, so I just saw that you had replied. So I can test the commercial version without the license?

Meanwhile, when scanning, please kindly note that the internal scanning mechanism of our Spire.Barcode is that it needs to match all information of the image rather than only the Barcode part.

Yes, our forms have tons of info on them, but if that is the case, what is the point of specifying a scanning region?

laurin1

Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Our scanning of these pages are taking a lot longer than 25 seconds - more like 2-3 minutes per page.

laurin1

Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:05 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
When using our commercial version, you need to apply a valid license. Our sales team just sent a temporary license (one month free) of Spire.BarCode for .NET to your email. Please apply it refer to this tutorial (How to Apply the License by license key) and try again. If your issue still exists, please share us with the following information to help further look into it.
1. Your testing forms that include tons of information.
3. Your system configuration. Eg, Win 7, 64 bit.
4. Your region information. Eg, China/Chinese.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:32 pm

Seems better, but hard to do any substantial testing. I'll go ahead buy the license and then monitor.

laurin1

Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:54 am

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable feedback.
Please feel free to contact us if you need other helps in the future. Wish you all the best!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team

Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.BarCode