Spire.PDFViewer is a powerful PDF Viewer component for .NET. It allows developers to load PDF document from stream, file and byte array.

Fri Apr 25, 2025 7:15 pm

We just purchased a license for PdfViewer. We are using this in Visual Studio 2022 in a C# application. I downloaded the latest NuGet package for it (version 7.13.0). When I try to apply the license key with the following command:

Spire.PdfViewer.License.LicenseProvider.SetLicenseKey(licenseKey);

I get this IntelliSense error

CS0433: The type 'LicenseProvider' exists in both 'Spire.PdfViewer.Asp, Version 7.12.30.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=663f351905198cb3' and 'Spire.PdfViewer.Forms, Version 7.12.30.0, Culture-neutral, PublicKeyToken=663f351905198cb3'

How do I set the license for PdfViewer?

Not long ago, we also purchased a license for Spire.PDF NET. We have applied that successfully. In one of our applications, we will need Spire PDF to update PDF files, and we will also have to display PDFs. We had assumed that we could utilize both of these libraries in one application; each with its own license. Is that correct?

jmziegler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2025 8:33 pm

Sun Apr 27, 2025 9:02 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Kindly note that the Spire.PDFViewer package installed via NuGet includes Spire.PdfViewer.Asp.dll (typically used for WebForm projects) and Spire.PdfViewer.Forms.dll (designed for Windows Forms projects). To avoid the licensing issue you encountered, please retain only the DLL relevant to your project type and retest. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Tommy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Tommy.Tang
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2025 7:05 am

Mon Apr 28, 2025 1:23 pm

Thanks for your reply. After I sent this message, I tried a number of other options. In our case, we only display a PDF internally. Our software never displays a PDF in client facing software. We also using the PDF viewer in a WinForms application, so you suggestion that we use Spire.PdfViewer.Forms seems appropriate now.

The only method I have found to accomplish this is to install the Spire.Office NuGet package. If I do that, and I apply the license we obtained for Spire.PDF, the output still includes the evaluation warning. If I try the license we obtained for Spire.PdfViewer, the evaluation warning is also displayed.

For completeness, our scenario requires us to create a PDF internally, then make small changes on the client's computer. It does not display the PDF on the client's computer, it only makes small updates to it. We purchased a license for this recently. As mentioned above, we must also display the PDF internally within our WinForms software.

If the viewer for our purposes only exists in Spire.Office, and we will only use this internally, what license do we need? Can we replace the license we recently purchased for Spire.PdfViewer with one that will allow us to view PDFs internally as well as create and edit PDFs?

jmziegler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2025 8:33 pm

Tue Apr 29, 2025 9:13 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
After internal verification, we found that the Spire.PDFViewer License you purchased has no binding record. Therefore, the following reasons may cause your problem:
1. Not using the correct License Key
2. Misusing the License Key of other products
Please confirm whether the correct License Key is used. If the problem persists, please send the following information to [email protected] so that we can further investigate:
1. Your License file
2. Complete test code
For privacy reasons, please do not submit sensitive information in public channels. Thank you for your cooperation!

Sincerely,
Tommy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Tommy.Tang
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2025 7:05 am

Tue Apr 29, 2025 12:26 pm

So that you know, a few weeks ago, we purchased a license for Spire.Office. However, that one is intended for use in a completely separate software product. We have also purchased a license for Spire.PDF as well as the most recent one for Spire.PdfViewer.

I created a simple application to display a PDF using Spire.Office. In order to find a solution, I tried using each license file to see which one would work. None of them did. In all cases, the displayed PDF included the evaluation warning. I can attached the application along with all three the license files, but I do not want to attach the license files in an open forum. How can I get the application and the license files to you in a secure manner?

jmziegler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2025 8:33 pm

Tue Apr 29, 2025 3:03 pm

I sent an email to [email protected] with sample code and license files. Thank you for you help.

jmziegler
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2025 8:33 pm

Wed Apr 30, 2025 9:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Regarding your issue, we have replied via email, please check it. We can keep in touch via email later. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Tommy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Tommy.Tang
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2025 7:05 am

Return to Spire.PDFViewer

cron