Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:54 am

Hello
using PdfTextFragment.HighLight()

the highlighted area is not "transparently", the text it is completely covered.

Code: Select all
  private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
  {
      PdfDocument pdfDoc = new PdfDocument(@"d:\tmp\test2.pdf");

      foreach (PdfPageBase page in pdfDoc.Pages)
      {

          PdfTextFinder finder = new PdfTextFinder(page);
          //finder.Options.Parameter = TextFindParameter.WholeWord;
          finder.Options.Parameter = TextFindParameter.IgnoreCase;

          List<PdfTextFragment> finds = finder.Find(this.textBox1.Text);

          foreach (PdfTextFragment fragment in finds)
          {
              // Highlight text
              fragment.HighLight(Color.LightYellow);
          }
      }

      this.pdfDocumentViewer1.LoadFromStream(pdfDoc.SaveToStream(FileFormat.PDF)[0]);
  }




regards peter

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:09 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your scenario and reproduced your issue, and I logged it into our bug track system with ticket number SPIREPDF-6689. Once it is resolved. I’ll inform you in time.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Abel.He
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:02 am

Thu Oct 10, 2024 3:52 am

Hello abel
is there already a solution to the issue SPIREPDF-6689

Sincerely
Peter

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:15 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up. I'm sorry, but this issue hasn't been resolved yet. This issue involves complex color mixing, our Dev team is making the comprehensive adjustments and optimizations for this part now. I have urged them again, and once the hotfix version is available, I will proactively notify you.

Sincerely,
Amin
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Amin.Gan
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:40 am

Sat Jan 04, 2025 10:10 am

Hello
Unfortunately, another quarter of a year has passed without the SPIREPDF-6689 issue being solved.
We often use the HighLight function in our software and the problem is very annoying.
Is there any timetable for this issue?

Sincerely
Peter

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Mon Jan 06, 2025 2:10 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up. We deeply apologize that the issue has not been properly resolved. The core of this issue lies in the complex adjustment of the underlying architecture of the product. We are making every effort and plan to complete these necessary underlying adjustments within the first quarter of this year to solve this problem. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Amin
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Amin.Gan
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:40 am

Tue Apr 15, 2025 5:50 pm

Hello
The first quarter of this year has passed without the SPIREPDF-6689 issue is being resolved as promised.
The issue is now known for over a year and I also purchased the license for another year because I was hopeful that it would be solved.

Sincerely
Peter

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Wed Apr 16, 2025 8:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your following up.
For the issue SPIREPDF-6689, we can get the following effect now. We are currently merging the code for comprehensive testing, and if everything goes smoothly, we will release a version this month that includes its optimizations.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

William.Zhang
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:23 am

Mon Apr 21, 2025 2:29 pm

Hello

thanks for the information.
I am looking forward to this version

Peter

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Fri Jul 11, 2025 6:05 am

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
We have just released the latest Spire.PDF Pack (Hotfix) Version: 11.7.2, which fixes the issue SPIREPDF-6689. Welcome to update and test.
Website link:https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html
Nuget:https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/11.7.2

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

William.Zhang
 
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:23 am

Thu Aug 07, 2025 9:57 am

Thank you very much for the fix SPIREPDF-6689.
I tried it today after my vacation.
It works, but I do have one comment:
Unfortunately, the highlighted text is very blurry.
See my example.

peterInStIngbert
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Fri Aug 08, 2025 3:37 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
I reproduced the issue you encountered and logged it into our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDFVIEWER-618. Our dev team will investigate and fix it, once it is resolved or there is any update, I will notify you immediately. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your patience as we address this matter.
Sincerely,
Talia
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

talia.liu
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2025 3:33 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron