Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:32 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry that we don't have the same printer as yours to fully test your case. I tested your PDF file with all printers on our side, but none of them could reproduce the issue. I suggest that you set the print mode as FitSize to check if there is any difference.
Code: Select all
pdfDoc.PrintSettings.SelectSinglePageLayout(PdfSinglePageScalingMode.FitSize);

In addition, you could use the System.Drawing.Printing provided by .NET to do print with your printer and tell us your testing result. Please refer to the following tutorials. I am looking forward to your feedback.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... work-4.6.1
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... work-4.6.1

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I've tried with FitSize and it shrinks the document terribly.

I can get the margins close by using PrintSettings.SetPaperMargins(20, 40, 35, 35) but it is still slightly off.

I can reproduce the error on Lexmark and Ricoh printers we have in house.

As for the Microsoft Code, that is fine for Text documents but it will not work with the PDF's we print.

I guess I'll stick with version 4.12.7 as it prints as expected.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:31 am

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.
I will post the issue to our Dev team to investigate further. If there is any good news, I will inform you.
In addition, to help us know more about the printing situation on your side, please confirm whether your paper in printer is A4 size. Please also provide the screenshots that show the print result when you set FitSize mode and the result that you printed your PDF with System.Drawing.Printing. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:12 am

We print 'Letter' size 8.5" x 11" not A4.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:44 am

Hello,

Thank you for your sharing.
Our Dev team will investigate and fix your issue, once there is any good news, I will inform you immediately.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi

I have the same problem with "Brother MFC-L2710DW". With Virtual Printer, this issue is not present. The "PdfSinglePageScalingMode.FitSize" don't solve in 7.10.4 .
I have downgraded to Spire.PDF 4.12.7 and the problem is slightly reduced: the page is centered and all margins is slightly cutted.

I attach 4 files:

1) ORIGINAL.pdf
2) Microsoft Print to PDF.pdf
3) Spire-PDF 4-12-7.pdf
4) Spire-PDF 7-10-4.pdf

I use Windows 10 and vb.net.

Thanks, Andrea.

andreaorlando
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:42 am

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I tested your PDF file and found the behavior you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our Bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-4737. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in immediately. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Sat May 07, 2022 9:51 am

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.5.0 which fixes the issue of SPIREPDF-4737.
Please download the new version from the following links to test.

Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html
Nuget link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/8.5.0

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Wed May 11, 2022 12:33 pm

Hi,
I had a chance to test the fix this morning and am happy to report that the margins are now correct for our print jobs.

Unfortunately for me our License does not cover this version so I will be sticking with the older version for now.

Thanks
AndyG

andyg
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:24 pm

Thu May 12, 2022 2:26 am

Hi AndyG,

Glad to hear that.
Are you willing to renew your license to use the latest version of Spire.PDF? To express our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this issue, we'd like to offer you a 30% (25% + an additional 5%) discount to renew Spire.PDF Pro Edition Developer Subscription. Please get back to us for the coupon code if you'd like to renew your license.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron