Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:37 am

Hello,

I am trying to add an annotation to a pdf document, and everything appears to work properly (no errors) until I go to save the document at which time I get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". If I comment out the page.AnnotationsWidget.Add command, the document saves without an error. I'm using version 2.5.6.5040 of the Spire.PDF package. Please tell me what I am doing wrong. Here is my code:

Code: Select all
        Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim doc As New PdfDocument("C:\temp\test.pdf")
        Dim doc2 As New PdfDocument
        Dim oAnn As PdfFreeTextAnnotation

doc2.InsertPage(doc, 0)
        Dim page As PdfPageBase = doc2.Pages(0)

'Draw the text
        page.Canvas.DrawString("Hello, World!", New PdfFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 30.0F), New PdfSolidBrush(Color.Black), 10, 10)

oAnn = New PdfFreeTextAnnotation(New Rectangle(0, 0, 50, 35))
        With oAnn
            .Border = New PdfAnnotationBorder(1)
            .Color = Color.AliceBlue
            .MarkupText = "Test"
            .Flags = PdfAnnotationFlags.Default
        End With
        page.AnnotationsWidget.Add(oAnn)
        doc2.SaveToFile("C:\Temp\Test2.pdf")

End Sub

bsimkins

Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:57 am

Hi bsimkins,

Thank you for your report on the problem. We have defined it as a bug. We will fix it in next version of Spire.PDF. But it can solve your problem to set the following property:
Code: Select all
   .MarkupText = "sssss"
            .Font = New PdfFont(PdfFontFamily.Helvetica, 10)
            .CalloutLines = New PointF(1) {New PointF(0, 0), New PointF(10, 10)}

And I have writed a demo for you in the attachment. You can refer to it. If you still have any problems, welcome to contact us! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Nancy
e-iceblue support team

nancy

Return to Spire.PDF