Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:59 am

I am using the latest evaluation version with the latest hotfix applied (6.2.xxxxx)

I am using Spire.PDF to add a watermark and print a 6/7 page PDF. I notice the performance is quite slow and a print status dialog appears counting the pages. It takes several seconds for the first page and then a second or so for each subsequent page. Is this normal?

myCode:

pdf.LoadFromFile(filePath);
pdf.PrintSettings.PrinterName = item.QueueName;
pdf.PrintSettings.Duplex = System.Drawing.Printing.Duplex.Vertical;
pdf.PrintSettings.Color = true;
pdf.Print();

The document has a company Logo in color and the rest is just a simple letter.

PDF1.JPG

dankenny
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:40 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
To help us investigate further, please provide your input file. You could upload it here or send to us([email protected]) via email.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:05 am

Sent via email.

dankenny
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:33 am

Hi,

Thanks for your email.
I have noticed the content was missing after printing and the first page cost most time to print. And I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system with the ticket SPIREPDF-3064. Our Dev team will look into it ASAP. We will let you know once there is any update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:10 am

Hi Dan,

Thanks for waiting.
After further investigation, there are some updates regarding your issue.
As for the missing issue I mentioned in last post, it is because I used a printer which has some issues. I changed a printer there was no missing issue. And you didn't have this issue before.
As for the performance of the printing, we found there were two big images in the first page, and the image will be printed in 600 DPI by default due to .NET printing mechanism. So printing the first page takes several seconds. And this is normal phenomenon and there is no good way to improve it at present. Hope you could understand.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy.jiang
 
Posts: 3099
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 am

Return to Spire.PDF