Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:27 am

PDFs support a "Hide" action which allows you to hide or show form fields.

Does Spire.PDF support this action? I can not find it anywhere in the library.

Philipp Lange
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 am

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for your iqnuiry.
Sorry to tell that our Spire.PDF doesn't support hiding form fields at present. Yet we have already added it as a new feature into our upgrade list, if it is achieved, we will inform you.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Nina.Tang
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 am

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:05 am

I see, thank you for your reply. Is there an approximate timeline for this feature? (I don't need an exact date, I just want to know whether it's more 1 week or 1 year from now :) )

Philipp Lange
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 am

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:46 am

Hello,

Sorry I can't provide an estimated timeline at this moment. Our Dev team is developing the feature now, but it involves a large module, I'm afraid we need more time (more than 1 week) to achieve it. Anyway, we will spare no effort. If there is any significant progress, I will let you know immediately. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Nina.Tang
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 am

Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:20 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patient waiting.
Glad to inform you that the new feature of hiding form fields is available, please download the hotfix (Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.12.5) from the following link.
Website download link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-pdf-for-net-now.html
Nuget download link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.PDF/8.12.5

And the use code below to test.
Code: Select all
Spire.Pdf.Fields.PdfField field = formWidget.FieldsWidget.List[0] as Spire.Pdf.Fields.PdfField;
//field.AnnotationFlags = Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfAnnotationFlags.Default; // Visible
field.AnnotationFlags = Spire.Pdf.Annotations.PdfAnnotationFlags.Hidden; // Hidden

Sincerely,
Nina
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Nina.Tang
 
Posts: 1385
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 am

Return to Spire.PDF