Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:31 am

Hi there,
I have recently installed the community edition of Spire.PDF (FreeSpire.PDF version 4.3.1 on Nuget).
I have written a small program which searches for keywords in pdf files and highlights them using the Spire api.
When I run my program from within Visual Studio in debug mode everything works fine. The problem arises when I try to
publish a standalone version of my program: when I try to run my program outside of Visual Studio directly from an .exe file
I get the exception: "Invalid Contents Array" on the following line of code:

PdfTextFind[] wordsToHighlight = page.FindText(keyword).Finds;

I will state that I am using the api within the limitations of the free versions, and the pdf file which I am trying to highlight is
less than 10 pages in length. Unfortunately the exception above makes it impossible to use the free version of Spire.PDF to create
standalone programs outside of the Visual Studio Editor (the problem does not arise while using the trial version of the full Spire.PDF api, vesion 4.9.7).

Some assistance here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

adambo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 am

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:33 am

Dear Adam,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by our free version.
And I have to tell you that we have no plan to maintain the free version at present. Please upgrade to our commercial version, we could provide a temporary license (one month free) of Spire.PDF to help you have a better evaluation. If interested, please contact our sales team ([email protected]) to get it.
If you have any question, welcome to write back.

Sincerely,
Anna
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Anna.Zhang
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:20 am

Return to Spire.PDF