Spire.XLS for .NET is a professional Excel .NET component that can be used to any type of .NET 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5 framework application, both ASP.NET web sites and Windows Forms application.

Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Hello i am using spire.XLS 6.9 and I was hoping that someone could help point me in the right direction while trying to add new columns and rows to a new worksheet. Currently I am trying the workbook.worksheets[0].InsertColumn(1) and workbook.worksheets[0].InsertRows(1) methods but they do not seem to add anything at all. I ran into a similar problem while trying to add a column to the end of an existing worksheet (workbook.worksheets[0].InsertColumn(5)). Any help is appreciated.

ClickPointSoftware

Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:16 am

Hi ClickPointSoftware,

Thanks for your inquiry.
We have done some tests, but we don't reproduce your problems. We use code1 to add a new row and a new column to a worksheet of a xlsx file, and use code2 to add a new column to the end of a worksheet of a xlsx file. We attach some sreenshots of original xlsx file and the result xlsx files. If we miss something, please tell us.
code1:
Code: Select all
            Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
            workbook.LoadFromFile("original.xlsx");
            Worksheet worksheet=workbook.Worksheets[0];
            worksheet.InsertRow(1);
            worksheet.InsertColumn(1);
            workbook.SaveToFile("addNewRowAndNewColumn.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Version2007);

code2:
Code: Select all
            Workbook workbook = new Workbook();
            workbook.LoadFromFile("original.xlsx");
            Worksheet worksheet=workbook.Worksheets[0];
            worksheet.InsertColumn(5);
            workbook.SaveToFile("addNewColumnToTheEnd.xlsx", ExcelVersion.Version2007);

Best regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support
Attachments
addNewColumnToTheEnd.PNG
addNewColumnToTheEnd.PNG (4.02 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
addNewRowAndNewColumn.PNG
addNewRowAndNewColumn.PNG (4.09 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
original.PNG
original.PNG (3.89 KiB) Viewed 2576 times

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.XLS