Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm trying to do some quick testing to see if I can use this software to replicate PDF pages and then place a banner page at the beginning of the PDF. I've got the replication working but can't seem to get the banner page to insert at the beginning. From an example I found, it looks like I should be able to insert a page at index 0 but that puts the page at the end of the PDF. Here's my code...

Code: Select all
Imports Spire.Pdf
Imports Spire.Pdf.Graphics
Public Class Form1

    Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        Dim pageCollection As New List(Of PdfPageBase)
        Dim pageBase As PdfPageBase
        Dim bannerPage As PdfPageBase
        Dim size As SizeF
        Dim template As PdfTemplate
        Dim pdfFile As String = "c:\temp\[email protected]"
        Dim doc As New PdfDocument
        doc.LoadFromFile(pdfFile)
        For i = 0 To doc.Pages.Count - 1
            pageCollection.Add(doc.Pages(i))
        Next

        ' replicate all pages in PDF
        For i = 0 To 2
            For j = 0 To pageCollection.Count - 1
                pageBase = doc.Pages(j)
                size = pageBase.Size
                template = pageBase.CreateTemplate
                pageBase = doc.Pages.Add(size, New PdfMargins(0))
                pageBase.Canvas.DrawTemplate(template, New PointF(0, 0))
            Next
        Next

        ' insert banner page
        size = doc.Pages(0).Size
        bannerPage = doc.Pages.Insert(0, size)

        doc.SaveToFile("c:\temp\[email protected]")
    End Sub
End Class

[email protected]
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:03 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
I tested your code with Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:3.6.260. A blank banner page was added at the beginning of PDF. Please try the version.

Sincerely,
Caroline
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

caroline.zhang
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:22 am

Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:49 pm

That did the trick - thanks!

[email protected]
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:18 am

Hi,

I am glad to hear it.
Welcome to write to us again for further problems.
Have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Caroline
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

caroline.zhang
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:22 am

Return to Spire.PDF