Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:32 pm

nsivasamy wrote:Yes, the application is "ASP.NET MVC" and we use 32-bit run-time enabled application pool, hence we use only x86 version of the plugin itself on all places under '\bin' folder.

But the problem comes for both x64 and x86 and we have not figured out why the session context gets reset when this specific line of code which is using the plugin is called.

Hi,


Code: Select all
 
using (MemoryStream ms = new MemoryStream())
 {
      string NewAnnotation = Regex.Replace(Annotation, "font-family:\\w+", "font-family:Arial");
      HtmlConverter.Convert(NewAnnotation, ms, true, 100 * 1000, Spire.Pdf.PdfPageSize.A4, new PdfMargins(30, 30, 30, 120), Spire.Pdf.HtmlConverter.LoadHtmlType.SourceCode);

      using (PdfDocument htmldoc = new PdfDocument())
      {
                htmldoc.LoadFromStream(ms);
                htmldoc.SaveToFile(filepath, Spire.Pdf.FileFormat.PDF);
      };
};


Hi,

How do I deploy the Plugin folder in the staging environment? Do I need to do the copy plugin folder manually in the bn folder in the upper environment. I have to deploy the solution to the Azure portal in the azure function. How do I automate coping with the Plugin folder?

Thank you,
DP

deeptipotdar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:54 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
When using the QT plugin to convert Html to PDF, the plugin folder must be in the same folder as Spire.Pdf.dll. When I deployed the project to Azure for testing, I found that the program reported an error that the plugin could not be found, and I am still investigating further. If you package your local project and deploy it to Azure, you can include the plugin folder into the package and then test it on Azure.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:38 am

Annika.Zhou wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
When using the QT plugin to convert Html to PDF, the plugin folder must be in the same folder as Spire.Pdf.dll. When I deployed the project to Azure for testing, I found that the program reported an error that the plugin could not be found, and I am still investigating further. If you package your local project and deploy it to Azure, you can include the plugin folder into the package and then test it on Azure.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team


Hi,
I did the following:
approach-1
1. add plugin folder to the project
2. Modified the csproj file to output all the subfolders and files to publish and output the directory.
3. re-deployed the project.
Did not work I get the same index out of range exception.

approach-2
1. add plugin folder to the project
2. add Visual C++ redistX64 files to the plugin folder, thinking the vc_redist.x64 may not execute on azure.
3. removed the vc_redist.x64
4. Modified the csproj file to output all the subfolders and files to publish and output the directory.
5. re- deployed the project.
Did not work I get the same index out of range exception.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,
DP

deeptipotdar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:56 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are doing further investigation. I will inform you as soon as there are any updates.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Thank you for working on my problem.
I am really waiting to hear back.

-DP

deeptipotdar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:21 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
About the plugins folder not being found on Azure, I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-4996. Our developers are investigating this issue. Once there is any update, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:37 pm

Hi Annika,
Any updates on the resolution on ticket number SPIREPDF-4996.
I am waiting to see if we can use the spire pdf for our scenario.

Please let me know.
Thank you,
Deepti

deeptipotdar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:59 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.
I'm sorry that the issue SPIREPDF-4996 has not been resolved, our development team is still working hard to investigate it. As soon as there is an important update, I will keep you informed. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:44 pm

Annika.Zhou wrote:Hello,

Thanks for following up.
I'm sorry that the issue SPIREPDF-4996 has not been resolved, our development team is still working hard to investigate it. As soon as there is an important update, I will keep you informed. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team


Hi Annika,

Do you have any updates on the resolution? Please let me know the timeline for when to expect the answer. I am looking at using spire for my project. I have to make the decision pretty quick about using the spire. Please update me asap.

Thank you,
Dp

deeptipotdar
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:12 pm

Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:01 am

Hello,

Thanks for following up.
I'm sorry that issue SPIREPDF-4996 has not been fully resolved, our developers are still working on it. We will provide you with a specific resolution time next week. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:12 am

Hello,

thanks for your patience.
After careful investigation, our development team reported that the QT plugin does not work with the Azure function. Because the Azure function provides a closed runtime environment for development languages. We cannot configure the C++ runtime and other dependent dynamic link libraries. Hope you can understand.
Another way is to use our Spire.Doc to convert HTML to PDF, you can take this tutorial frequently:
https://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spire.Doc/Spire.Doc-Program-Guide/Conversion/NET-Word-Convert-HTML-file-to-PDF-and-XPS.html

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF