Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:33 pm

While I feel stupid, I cannot get this application to work.

I first tried using the nuget install, which installed and worked fine, but of course it's the demo version.
So, I've removed the nuget install.
I had already installed the msi for the Free Edition into the ProgramFiles directory and have the 4 appropriate xml/dll files.
These I've copied to the bin directory and added the appropriate references.
The simple test program compiles and runs, but when I execute the first PDF command, the application fails.
This is line 22 in the attached code.

PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();

This line fails on a license error.
The line throws a NullReferenceException at Spire.License.LicenseProvider.b(Type A_0).

What step is missing?
How do I get this to work?

Thanks.

Don Greenwood

green4don
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 am

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:41 am

Dear Don,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please tell us the information of the dlls you were using, like this:
Spire.Pdf.dll V3.2.52.56040
Spire.License.dll V1.3.2.40

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 am

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:19 am

If you put labels on them, I could tell you.
But you didn't so I can't.
They're the ones currently on the NuGet dowload.
The .Net 3.5 versions have license files dated 2014-02-35 and pdf files dated 2015-01-13
Properties for Spire.Pdf.dll says 3.2.52.56040 and for Spire.License.dll 1.3.2.40
I have another product working, but might still be interested if this can install.

green4don
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 am

Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:00 am

Dear Don,

Thanks for your reply.
Here is a demo for your reference:
http://www.e-iceblue.com/downloads/attachment/8431.zip
If there is any question, welcome to get it back to us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 am

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks.
What you have works, I'll just have to figure out the differences and get mine working as well.

green4don
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 am

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:35 pm

Ok, the problem is that there are null references in the Spire.License routine, they just need to be ignored.
My debug has been set to trap and show null references; ignoring them lets everything work.
Not really good coding to throw null reference exceptions.
The results are fine.

green4don
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:29 am

Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:32 am

Dear Don,

Thanks for your feedback.
Please feel free to contact us if there is any question or needs. We are here for help.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Betsy
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:14 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron