Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:31 am

I have downloaded Spire.Doc and I am trying to create a word document on user button click but I don't understand how to acheive this as I can find all solution example which shows opening an existing word document and then writing onto that. But in my case I need to create the word after reading the table from ASPX page and then export into word. Please suggest me on this. Thanks

barsan101

Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.
Please try the following solution.
Code: Select all
Document document = new Document();
             using (MemoryStream buffer = new MemoryStream())
             {
                 using (TextWriter writer = new StreamWriter(buffer, Encoding.UTF8))
                 {
                     using (HtmlTextWriter htmlWriter = new HtmlTextWriter(writer))
                     {
                         this.RenderControl(htmlWriter);
                         htmlWriter.Flush();
                         writer.Flush();
                         buffer.Position = 0;

string stylesheet = "Default.css";
                         using (StreamReader reader = new System.IO.StreamReader(buffer, Encoding.UTF8))
                         {
                             String baseHref = Request.Url.AbsoluteUri;
                             document.LoadHTML(reader, baseHref, Spire.Doc.Documents.XHTMLValidationType.None);
                             document.HtmlExportOptions.CssStyleSheetType = CssStyleSheetType.External;
                             document.HtmlExportOptions.CssStyleSheetFileName = stylesheet;
                             document.SaveToFile("Sample.docx", FileFormat.Docx, Response, HttpContentType.Attachment);
                         }
                     }
                 }
             }

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:14 am

Thanks for your reply. But I am getting this error : "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." into this line:
document.LoadHTML(reader, baseHref, Spire.Doc.Documents.XHTMLValidationType.None);

Please suggest me what shall I do in this situation.

barsan101

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:21 am

Hi,

Please share your aspx page to help us reproduce your issue. You also can send it to amy.zhao@e-iceblue.com.
Thank you.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:29 am

Thank you so much for your early response. Actually I have found one issue in my aspx. There was a empty table when I have removed that part now it is working fine. Here is the line that I have removed:

<table id="tblHR" runat="server" ></table>

I also need to print this page with header and footer so, will you please suggest me how do I include Header and Footer? Thanks.

barsan101

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:47 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
For adding footer and header issue, I recommend you to add header and footer using Spire.Doc HeadersFooters function following the below tutorial.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spir ... ument.html

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:53 am

Thanks for you reply. But I cannot access the page using the URL. As this is saying the page is not available. But I have created new thread with my issue and sample code that I am trying in here http://www.e-iceblue.com/forum/why-after-inserting-header-and-footer-cannot-see-t5955.html. Thanks

barsan101

Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:18 am

Hi,

Sorry, the valid url has been updated. Please try again.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team

amy.zhao

Return to Spire.Doc