Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:39 am

Hi, I am working for getting Form Fields from PDF files. I have got the Form fields details but I need the PDF page number where the field was Identified. How can I get the page number. In addition to this I am also in search of Positions for both the Field Name and Field Value. Kindly help on this.

moorthys
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:45 am

Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:05 am

Hi,

Thanks for your your inquiry.
Please refer to the following code for reference.
Code: Select all
//Load a pdf document
PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
doc.LoadFromFile(@"xxxx.pdf");

//Get pdf forms
PdfFormWidget formWidget = doc.Form as PdfFormWidget;

//Find pdf form fields
for (int i = 0; i < formWidget.FieldsWidget.List.Count; i++)
{
    PdfField field = formWidget.FieldsWidget.List[i] as PdfField;

    // get the page index
    PdfPageBase page = field.Page;
    int pageindex = doc.Pages.IndexOf(page);
    Console.WriteLine(pageindex);

    if (field is PdfTextBoxFieldWidget)
    {
        PdfTextBoxFieldWidget textBoxField = field as PdfTextBoxFieldWidget;

        // get the bounds of the field
        RectangleF bounds = textBoxField.Bounds;
        Console.WriteLine(bounds.X);
        Console.WriteLine(bounds.Y);

    }

    if (field is PdfListBoxWidgetFieldWidget)
    {
        // your code here
    }

    if (field is PdfComboBoxWidgetFieldWidget)
    {
        // your code here
    }

    if (field is PdfRadioButtonListFieldWidget)
    {
        // your code here
    }

    if (field is PdfCheckBoxWidgetFieldWidget)
    {
        // your code here
    }
}



If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us. We are here to assist you.

Best regadrs,
Triste
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Triste.Dai
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:59 am

Return to Spire.PDF