Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon May 16, 2016 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have a pdf file that i have created using a report from another system

When I extract the images from the report it does not find the first one in this attached file which is a QR Code

Any reason why ?

The PDF shows two images. ,the first one is not found by the library ??

If the pdf has only the first item then a null exception is returned ( no images )

using the code sample

Code: Select all
 //Create a pdf document.
            PdfDocument doc = new PdfDocument();
            //doc.LoadFromFile(@"..\..\..\..\..\..\Data\Sample2.pdf");
            doc.LoadFromFile(@"d:\Report50001.pdf");

            StringBuilder buffer = new StringBuilder();
            IList<Image> images = new List<Image>();

            foreach (PdfPageBase page in doc.Pages)
            {
                buffer.Append(page.ExtractText());
                foreach (Image image in page.ExtractImages())
                {
                    images.Add(image);
                }
            }


Thanks

[email protected]
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Mon May 16, 2016 4:30 pm

Hello,

This looks like a size issue ???

by deliberately creating a large file of type QR code as opposed to the 1 k file I did have before the library know believes that it has a image in it ?

See attached

B,,,,

[email protected]
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Tue May 17, 2016 2:54 am

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.
I tested your pdf files with Spire.PDF Pack Version:3.7, and it worked fine. Please try the version.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

amy.zhao
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Wed May 18, 2016 9:29 am

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

I only downloaded the library the day i posted the question so was using the latest samples solution in the package

Can you confirm the following for me.

With both pdf's you get two extracted images ?

I only get one with the first pdf and two with the second and the only difference is the size of the QR code in the PDF

The small QR code did not get extracted.

Thanks.

B...

[email protected]
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Wed May 18, 2016 9:52 am

Hello.

I have tested the version you pointed me at and would agree that this does offer the same behaviuor

I have checked and notice the the free version for .net

http://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/downl ... -free.html

Has version 3.2 in it . not the latest 3.7 release.

Will the free version be updated to have the latest version ?

Thanks

B...

[email protected]
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 3:04 pm

Thu May 19, 2016 1:36 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
We only maintain our free product when we have enough time, so may update free version in the future but there is no exact time can be provided now, sorry.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

amy.zhao
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF