Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue May 14, 2024 7:04 am

Dear Support,

I am currently working on a project that requires the usage of the Spire.Doc, Spire.XLS & Spire.PDF (Spire.Office) library (python based) in a docker container based on Alpine 18 linux distribution. I have encountered some difficulties while attempting to integrate the library into docker and would greatly appreciate your assistance.

The specifications of my environment are as follows:
Docker Container's Operating System : Alpine 18
Python Version : 3.11.9

I attempted to install the library Spire.Office for python and other individual python packages too, but I encountered issues and was unable to succeed. Following is the docker command which is being used to create a docker image based on alpine.

Code: Select all

FROM node:18-alpine

RUN apk add --update --no-cache g++ && ln -sf g++ /usr/bin/c++
RUN apk add --update --no-cache python3-dev
RUN apk add py3-pip
RUN apk add --update --no-cache unixodbc-dev

ENV NODE_ENV production

CMD ["sleep", "3600"]



When I tried to install the packages getting following error :

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement Spire.Office==9.1.0 (from versions: 1.0.0)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for Spire.Office==9.1.0

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement Spire.Doc==12.4.0 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for Spire.Doc==12.4.0

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement Spire.Xls==14.4.4 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for Spire.Xls==14.4.4

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement Spire.Pdf==10.5.2 (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for Spire.Pdf==10.5.2

Command used for installing these packages are as follows :

Code: Select all
pip3 install --no-cache --upgrade Spire.Office==9.1.0 --break-system-packages
pip3 install --no-cache --upgrade Spire.Doc==12.4.0 --break-system-packages
pip3 install --no-cache --upgrade Spire.Xls==14.4.4 --break-system-packages
pip3 install --no-cache --upgrade Spire.Pdf==10.5.2 --break-system-packages


I would greatly appreciate any guidance or instructions you can provide to help me successfully integrate the Spire.Office library into my the docker environment based on Alpine.

Thank you very much for your attention and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Also please note when I tried the same setup in the windows based machine it is working properly.

Sincerely,
Petchimuthu

petchi_y
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 am

Tue May 14, 2024 9:46 am

Hello,

Thank you for your message.
I suggest you to download Spire.Office for Python from the address below (Spire.Office contains Spire.Doc, XLS, PDF, etc.), then unzip it to get the 'xxxxxx_manylinux1_x86_64.whl' file and add the following code in your Dockerfile to test again.

COPY xxxxxx_manylinux1_x86_64.whl . /
RUN pip3 install xxxxxx_manylinux1_x86_64.whl

If you still have problems, feel free to contact us again.

Spire.Office for Python Version:9.1.0: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/offi ... ython.html

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Doris.Liu
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:10 am

Tue May 14, 2024 12:54 pm

Hello,

Thank for your response.

I have followed the above mentioned steps and added the following code into the docker file after extracting the required
Spire.Office-9.1.0-py3-none-manylinux1_x86_64.whl file.

Code: Select all
FROM node:18-alpine

RUN apk add --update --no-cache g++ && ln -sf g++ /usr/bin/c++
RUN apk add --update --no-cache python3-dev
RUN apk add py3-pip
RUN apk add --update --no-cache unixodbc-dev

ENV NODE_ENV production

COPY ./pythonScript/Spire.Office-9.1.0-py3-none-manylinux1_x86_64.whl . /
RUN pip3 install Spire.Office-9.1.0-py3-none-manylinux1_x86_64.whl --break-system-packages

CMD ["sleep", "3600"]


When I tried to create a docker image getting following error :

ERROR: Spire.Office-9.1.0-py3-none-manylinux1_x86_64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

Thank you for your attention and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Sincerely,
Petchimuthu

petchi_y
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 am

Wed May 15, 2024 7:46 am

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
I reproduced your issue and have submitted the issue to development. The issue numbers are SPIREDOC-10534, SPIREPDF-6759, and SPIREXLS-5253, and our development will investigate and fix this issue further and get back to you as soon as alpine support is available! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Doris.Liu
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:10 am

Wed May 15, 2024 10:35 am

Hello,

Thank for your response.

Sure noted. Please keep us informed on this as soon as possible once the support is available for Alpine.

Sincerely,
Petchimuthu

petchi_y
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 am

Thu May 16, 2024 7:01 am

Hello Petchimuthu,

We are actively working to provide support for Alpine as soon as possible. As soon as the support is made available, we will notify you immediately.
And please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Doris.Liu
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:10 am

Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:08 am

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Do we have Alpine support available now?

Sincerely,
Petchimuthu

petchi_y
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue May 14, 2024 5:56 am

Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:57 am

Hi,

I'm sorry, but this issue hasn't been resolved yet. Since this system is relatively niche, our development team isn't particularly familiar with it, so it will take some time for us to investigate. We will inform you as soon as we make any progress.

Sincerely,
Doris
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Doris.Liu
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:10 am

Return to Spire.Doc

cron