Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Hello,
I am using Spire.PDF to convert some documents to Word format, and it seems like there is a problem with encoding.

The code:
Code: Select all
 System.Globalization.CultureInfo current = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture;
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InvariantCulture;
            PdfDocument pdoc = new PdfDocument(@"D:\sample.pdf");

            string sample_fn = @"D:\sample.doc";

            pdoc.SaveToFile(sample_fn, FileFormat.DOC);
            pdoc.Close();
            Console.ReadLine();


The results are in attachment (sample.pdf as the source, and sample.doc as result). Looks like the encoding of .doc is broken. I tried to replace the fonts in pdf, but it has no effect. What would you advice in such case?

wchf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 am

Hi wchf,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have reproduced the issue and delivered it to our dev team.
Once there's any update, I will let you know.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Jane.Bai
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:47 am

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Hello Jane,

any update on this issue?

wchf
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:35 am

Hello wchf,

Thank you for contacting us.
Sorry that there's no significant progress so far. Once the issue got resolved, I will notify you.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Jane.Bai
 
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:47 am

Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:55 am

Hello,

Sorry for the long silence.
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.PDF Pack Version:7.2.0 which fixes your issue. Welcome to download it from the following links to test.
Our website: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
Nuget: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Pdf/7.2.0

Sincerely,
Rachel
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

rachel.lei
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:22 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron