Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:16 pm

Greetings.

I’m reaching out to you due to an issue encountered in our usage of Spire PDF for .NET. We have designed a report that works well on Internet Explorer 8, but we’ve run into some issues while running on Microsoft Edge Version 89.0.774.57.

Some elements are missing on the version of Edge mentioned above. Is there a known compatibility issue? Is there a configuration that we can change in our .NET code?

Note: We’re using Adobe Reader XI (11.0.23) on the pc running Edge, and Adobe Reader XI (11.0.06) on the pc using Internet Explorer.

lgonzalez
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:04 pm

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:53 am

Hello Luis Gonzalez,

Thanks for your message.
To help us have an accurate investigation, please provide us with your full testing code as well as your input file(if any). You can attach them here or send them to us via email([email protected]). Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Simple Li
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Simple.Li
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:33 am

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi!

I attached cropped photos of the same generated pdf document in both Internet Explorer and Edge. As you can see, the bottom “printed by” does not show up when viewing the pdf through Edge, but it does show up in Internet Explorer. The same issue occurs in Google Chrome.
Sorry for the inconvenience of not showing the whole document since it contains sensitive information.

I added the WritePDFtoBrowser function that is used to generate it. Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but I can’t send the full code due to privacy concerns. We are importing the Spire.PDF license.

SpirePDF comments.zip

lgonzalez
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:04 pm

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:51 am

Hello Luis Gonzalez,

Thanks for your sharing.
I simulated a PDF file and tested your code with the latest Spire.pdf Pack(Hot Fix) Version:8.8.6. But, I did not reproduce your issue, I uploaded my testing documents for reference. Thus, if you were using an older version, I suggest you use this version to test again. If your problem persists after the test, I am afraid we still need your file to investigate further. And don’t worry, we will absolutely keep your documents confidential and won’t use them for other purpose. You could also remove the security data of your document. You can send it to us via email([email protected]).

Sincerely,
Simple
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Simple.Li
 
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:33 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron