Docx - Zip exception. Cant locate end of central directory

Technical support for Spire.Doc

Moderator: iceblue support

Docx - Zip exception. Cant locate end of central directory

Postby SOSilvia » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:53 pm

I am ecountering a problem with the spire.doc component. When my application runs , it simply opens a word document using the Document object of Spire.doc using the LoadFromFile method. When it encounters a word .doc document , it works well. It inserts an image and saves the file. However, when it tries to open a word .docx document, it does not work. It simply throws an exception that says : "Zip exception. Cant locate end of central directory record. Possible wrong file format or archive is corrupt."
I tried looking on the internet, however any thing that was somehow related did not help out in any way. Can you please help me?
SOSilvia

Re: Docx - Zip exception. Cant locate end of central directo

Postby Suvi.Wu » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:58 am

Hi ,

Thanks for your feedback and so sorry for the inconvenience caused by us.

We've created a research on this problem, but we can't reproduce it. Could you please offer more information(such as the related code and original docx file with the image)to help us resolve it. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Have a great day!

Kind regards
Suvi
e-iceblue support
Suvi.Wu

Postby gloria_delfin.ipi » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:07 am

Hi,
We are encountering exactly the same problem. We are using Spire.Doc Version 6.2.3.
I have attached the document and the error message that happens when we are downloading the document.
Hope you could help us.

Thanks and Regards,
Glo
gloria_delfin.ipi

Postby lisali » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:12 am

Hello,

Thanks for your contact.
Sorry we didn't find your attachment in this post, could you zip it and upload again? (or you could send it to support@e-iceblue.com ). Besides, at present the latest edition is Spire.Doc Version 6.4.5, please upgrade to this one and try again. If the issue still happens, we need your input document and full code to do better investigation.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
lisali

Postby Lisa.Li » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:58 am

Hello,

Could you please let us know how is the issue going? Thanks in advance for your valuable feedback and time.
Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
Lisa.Li

Return to Spire.Doc