Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:48 pm

We have a template document setup with multiple fields with the same name. However, when we open in Spire.PDF the fields collection is empty and there is a message "The field with '{0}' name already exists" making me think SpirePDF cannot handle forms with multiple fields with the same name?

Is this the case?

klkitchens
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:45 pm

Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:51 am

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
Based on your description, I have simulated a PDF document with multiple identical field names and conducted preliminary testing. However, during the testing process, I found that only one form field can be retrieved. Upon further investigation, I discovered that Adobe also treats form fields with the same field name as a single entity.
I have attached the test document and the code snippet used for testing. Please feel free to review them for reference.
If you have any additional questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Annika.Zhou
 
Posts: 1657
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF