Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:27 pm

I am using spire.pdf.5.4.1.nupkg to password protect a pdf document.

When Local Policy on Workstation: System cryptography Use: FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing is Enabled, I am receiving the error message "Document encryption is not allowed in FIPS mode".

Method used to encrypt the document: pdf.Security.Encrypt(strPwd);

I also tried using the obsolete methods PdfSecurity.KeySize and PdfSecurity.UserPassword without success.

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

anil.das
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:13 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our encryption function only supports RC4 and AES encryption algorithms at present, the supported key length is 40bit,128bit and 256bit. I am afraid that it is not allowed in FIPS mode. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Amy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

amy.zhao
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Return to Spire.PDF

cron