Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to use Spire.PDF COmmunity Edition to generate certificates for a club web site. I created an RTF file with the basic layout, and used text placeholders (keywords surrounded by @ signs) where I want the individual's details to go. This displays fine in Word, and will print, etc correctly...

template.png


I copied the code from the "How to Convert RTF to PDF in C#" tutorial to generate my PDF, but when I view it, it looks like this...

result.png


As you can see, all of the border and layout have lost.

Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

[email protected]
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:51 am

Hi,

Thanks for your posting.
Please try our Spire.Doc component to convert RTF to PDF.
http://www.e-iceblue.com/Tutorials/Spir ... B.NET.html
If the issue still exists after trying, please share your RTF document for investigation.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

amy.zhao
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Thanks I'll give it a go, but as I said, this is a club web site, so done on a voluntary basis. They won't be able to afford a licence for the component. That's why I was trying the free edition.

Thanks for the reply.

[email protected]
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Hello,

I had exactly the same problems with the trial Spire.PDF. I'll attach my RTF to see if that helps.

Thanks

[email protected]
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for your providing.
Sorry that at present our Spire.PDF doesn't support to convert the shape object likes the background image in your RTF.
I used Spire.Doc to do the conversion. There was an error while loading RTF document via Spire.Doc. I have forwarded it to our dev team. We will inform you when it is resolved.

Best Regards,
Amy
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

amy.zhao
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:50 am

Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:33 pm

OK, thanks anyway

[email protected]
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Return to Spire.PDF

cron