Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Hello!
I am writing to you because I have the following problem.
I must convert an Excel to Word. I do not know how to do this directly in Spire so what I do is, convert Excel to PDF and PDF to Word.
The fact is that when I convert a PDF to Word using Spire, the result is that the tables become drawn lines and lose the table format.
Spire.png


On the other hand, when I use an online converter (anyone, for example: https://www.ilovepdf.com/pdf_to_word)
The shape of the tables in the resulting Word is maintained.
externalApp.png


Is there any way to get the same result with Spire?
I attach the starting PDF and the two resulting words. (Files.rar)

Thank you very much!

LauraNM
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:43 am

Hello,

Thanks for your message.
I have noticed that the table format lost when converting your PDF file to a Word document. The issue has been logged into our bug tracking system for further investigating and fixing. Once there is any update, we will let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:54 am

Thank you very much!

LauraNM
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 pm

Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:21 am

Hello,

Greetings from E-iceblue.
About table formatting issue, after further investigations, since the PDF format is just a canvas where text and graphics are placed and without any structure information. Theoretically, PDF does not contain the table properties. It only contains lines and character glyphs which we tend to interpret as tables. Thus, it is impossible to present the table properties when converting it. They are all converted with lines. Hope you can understand.

Sincerely,
Lisa
E-iceblue support team
User avatar

Lisa.Li
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:20 am

Return to Spire.PDF