Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:40 am

Hello Support team,
I found an internal "object reference not set to an instance of an object" exception during PDF/1° conversion by "ToPdfA1A" method.
The exception is throwing on the PdfStandardsConverter from Spire.Office used behind .NET Framework 4.8. (check the image attached which contains stacktrace details
converionerror.png
)

To replicate the bug i realized a small program which contains essential code lines:
Code: Select all
internal class Program
{
      static void Main(string[] args)
      {
            using (FileStream readMs = File.OpenRead("doc_001_9.Dich._confl.interessi Capofila.pdf"))
            using (MemoryStream writeMs = new MemoryStream())
            {
                  PdfStandardsConverter pdfStandardsConverter = new PdfStandardsConverter(readMs);
                  pdfStandardsConverter.ToPdfA1A(writeMs);
                  File.WriteAllBytes("doc_001_9.Dich._confl.interessi Capofila.pdf.pdf", writeMs.ToArray());
            }
      }
}

Unfortunately in can't share PDF "publicly" for a European GDPR Privacy Policy, but i can share it if you can provide me a private area.

Best regards
Fabrizio

fabrizio.lazzarotto

Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:44 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please send your PDF document to this email: support@e-iceblue.com. After receiving the document, we will further investigate. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:02 am

William.Zhang wrote:Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Please send your PDF document to this email: support@e-iceblue.com. After receiving the document, we will further investigate. Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

hello William, the attachment has been sent to the support email.

Regards
Fabrizio

fabrizio.lazzarotto

Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:00 am

Hello,

Thankd for your file.
After testing, I did reproduce the issue you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-6599. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:36 am

Thankd for your file.
After testing, I did reproduce the issue you mentioned. I have logged the issue into our bug tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPDF-6599. Our development team will investigate and fix it. Once it is resolved, I will inform you in time. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

Thank you for your time. i appreciated it.

Regards
Fabrizio

fabrizio.lazzarotto

Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:55 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.
After further investigation by our development team, they have found that there is an internal structural issue in the input document (doc:001_9. Dich. confl. interressi Capofila. pdf) of SPIREPDF-6599, so an exception occurred during conversion. Even in Adobe Acrobat, it cannot be converted to PDFA format, you can use Adobe Acrobat's preflight feature to confirm. Therefore, regarding this issue, I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you further. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:59 am

Thanks for your patience.
After further investigation by our development team, they have found that there is an internal structural issue in the input document (doc:001_9. Dich. confl. interressi Capofila. pdf) of SPIREPDF-6599, so an exception occurred during conversion. Even in Adobe Acrobat, it cannot be converted to PDFA format, you can use Adobe Acrobat's preflight feature to confirm. Therefore, regarding this issue, I'm afraid we won't be able to assist you further. Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

Thanks for your support.
Regards
Fabrizio

fabrizio.lazzarotto

Return to Spire.PDF