Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:00 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of developing an app with Spire.XLS for Python. The package installs and runs fine on both Windows and linux but doesn’t install on MacOS (pip responds with an error). When I checked on Pypi, it seems there isn’t a packaged version for MacOS. Can you add one or is MacOS unsupported?

spirexls_spinergie

Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:35 am

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.
We appreciate your interest in our products and understand the importance of MacOS compatibility for our users. However, at the moment, our Spire.Xls for Python does not support the MacOS operating system.
We want to assure you that we are actively working on adding MacOS support to Spire.Xls. Your understanding and patience are greatly appreciated. Rest assured, once Spire.Xls for Python is compatible with MacOS, we will notify you promptly.
If you have any further questions or need assistance regarding any other product we support, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Best regards,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.
We are pleased to inform you that we have just released Spire.XLS for Python Version 14.2.2, which now includes compatibility with the MAC platform. However, please note that when testing your projects, it is essential to copy the skiasharp.dylib file to the root directory of your project in order to run it successfully.
We invite you to download and test this latest version to experience the enhanced compatibility and features it offers on the MAC platform.

Sincerely,
Annika
E-iceblue support team

Annika.Zhou

Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:18 pm

I have just download a trial version of Spire.XLS for Python and went to install on my Mac: Apple M1 Pro running Ventura 13.6.2

Following the instructions:

pip install /Users/xxx.xxx/Desktop/spire.xls.python_14.2.2/lib/Spire.Xls-14.2.2-py3-none-macosx_10_7_universal.whl

ERROR: Spire.Xls-14.2.2-py3-none-macosx_10_7_universal.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.

david.heath

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:47 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry, we currently only support Mac OS with X86 architecture. The M1 chip adopts arm architecture, and we have not yet adapted it. I have added this feature to our update list whith ticket SPIREXLS-5183. Once it is implemented, I will notify you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
William
E-iceblue support team

William.Zhang

Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:59 pm

Does the lack of MacOS compatibility also apply to Spire.Doc?

chris.francis

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Spire.Doc for Python is not compatible with MacOS. However, I have logged it into our updating system win the ticket number SPIREDOC-10104. Once it is implemented, I’ll inform you in time.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.XLS