Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:12 am

When calling IsSwitchRowAndColumn with a bar chart, an exception thrown related to index out of range. I tried other chart types (column, line and pie chart), and I didn't encountered any exceptions.

Code: Select all
var barChart = presentation.Slides[0].Shapes.ToArray().FirstOrDefault(x => x.Name == "BarChart") as IChart;
barChart.IsSwitchRowAndColumn(); // This throws an exception

Additional info:
- Spire.Presentation for .NET 8.3.2
- Tested on .NET 5, 6

I also attached a sample solution for your reference.

boncyrus

Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:58 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
After testing, I have reproduced the issue you mentioned and logged it into our issue tracking system with the ticket number SPIREPPT-2285, our developers will investigate and fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused, once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:32 pm

When will this be resolved? We waited for weeks for the new version to be released only for it to have this bug which makes the release unusable.

Can you please urgently fix and push this?

boosted_d16

Fri Jun 16, 2023 1:42 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
For your urgent situation, I have given this issue the highest priority and our developers are already working on this issue. Please rest assured that we take all issues seriously. Once there are any updates available, I will inform you asap. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:30 am

Any updates or etas? We need to use the latest version but can't because of this issue.

boosted_d16

Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:48 am

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the progress of the issue fix. We would like to inform you that the issue is currently in the "commit code" stage.

Rest assured that our team is actively working on resolving this issue, and we will keep you updated on any further advancements. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a resolution.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:54 am

Hi, any updates on this? Rough eta would be nice.

boosted_d16

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:11 am

Hi,

Thanks for your following-up.
We have just released Spire.Presentation 8.7.0, which has fixed your issue SPIREPPT-2285. This new version is available on our website(https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/download-presentation-for-net-now.html) now, we will upload it to Nuget later.
If there are any issues related to it after testing, just feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:36 am

Great, thanks for confirming. I'll test it shortly.

boosted_d16

Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:50 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
If there are any further issues or other questions, just feel free to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:22 am

The exception was gone once we upgraded to 8.7.0, however, when I tried to switch row and column in the pptx, the IsSwitchRowAndColumn method is returning false.

Can you please check? You can use the same sample code that I gave before, just update the nuget package.

boncyrus

Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:21 am

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I have tested the IsSwitchRowAndColumn method using the original code and document, and after switching the rows and columns of the columnChart, it does return the correct status as expected.
status.png

result_document.png

Furthermore, I loaded the result document from my recent test, and the status of the row and column switch for the columnChart is also accurate, as shown in the screenshot below.
getstatus.png

If there is any misunderstanding on my part, please kindly correct me.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.Presentation