Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:56 am

Hi Team,
I'm converting excel file into PDF format using spire.office-8.6.0 Java API jar.

In the "PPA Benchmarking - Deliverable Template - Populated for Illustrative Purposes.xlsx" file, please convert only sheet name "10". In this sheet,

1. The column "A" value is not displayed completely
2. The second column is the merged one (from B to K). This is also not showing the converted content fully

I could not attach source file in this thread, so I will share the same thru email. Other things like source code, screenshots of source and target files are shared with this forum for your reference.

PPA-2.zip
(162.16 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Note: The sample source code that I have attached is a generic one. I can not modify some statements only to resolve this particular file. Because it should not affect the existing logics. Please provide solution / suggestion for all the files.

I really appreciate your support in advance.

UshaThavasiappan

Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:03 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your effort in sending us the document via email.

However, after checking our mailbox including junk/spam folder, we did not receive your email. Could you please resend it to us again? We would be happy to investigate the issue further and provide a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:56 am

Hi Triste,
I have shared the source file in the email with subject "Topic reply notification - "Issue on displaying value". Please let me know if you do not receive.

I have mentioned the issue on sheet name "10" in the shared file.

Also we have many issues reopened on this latest version.
I will list down all the points sometime later this week.

UshaThavasiappan

Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:13 am

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the document. I confirm that I have received it and will begin testing it immediately. I will provide you with feedback once the testing is complete.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the reappearance of the previously fixed issues. After receiving your issue report, we will promptly investigate and have our development team either fix it or provide a solution.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:59 am

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.
After testing, I have reproduced this issue, some text was not fully displayed. In the screenshot, I have mosaic some of the content.
Snipaste_2023-06-15_17-54-39.png
Snipaste_2023-06-15_17-54-39.png (162.25 KiB) Viewed 1306 times

I have reported this issue to our developers and the ticket number is SPIREXLS-4757, they will investigate and fix it, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Once the issue is fixed, I will inform you asap.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:02 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your patience.
Our developers have looked into this matter and found that based on your code, the second row in column A was set to automatically adjust column width. As a result, the width of column A was determined by the second row, causing text in other rows that exceeded the width of the second row to be truncated.

For another area, we attempted to output the PDF according to your code in Excel and found that the text was also not fully displayed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Jun 20, 2023 2:11 pm

Hi,
Please correct me if I'm wrong. You got the same result as do I. So, your engineering team will fix this issue. Once done, you will share the information in time.

UshaThavasiappan

Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for your patience
Regarding the first issue, there are two potential solutions. The first is to adapt the width based on the last row of the current document rather than the second row. The second solution involves obtaining the index of the column with the maximum width after adapting the column widths and using that as the basis for further adaptation. However, this may result in additional whitespace, as demonstrated by the following code sample:
Code: Select all
        int maxIndex = 0;
        double maxWidth = 0;
        for (int r = 0; r < rows.length; r++) {
            if (rows[r].hasMerged()) {
                rows[r].autoFitColumns();
                double endAutofit = rows[r].getColumns()[0].getColumnWidth();
                if (endAutofit > maxWidth){
                    maxWidth = endAutofit;
                    maxIndex = r;
                }
            }
        }

rows[maxIndex].autoFitColumns();
        isColMerged = true;

Please let us know if either of these solutions works for you, or if you require further assistance with this matter.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:14 am

Hi Triste,
I have tried both the solutions and both are not suitable for all the files with various templates.
For example, it is reopening some issues like SPIREXLS-4233.
And changing code should be generic for all files. Kindly help with this

Also, the column values are not stretched or wrapped as expected

UshaThavasiappan

Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:11 am

Hi,

Apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience.

To assist you effectively, we kindly request the following information:
Your test code、document and issue description, with these materials. We will combine your documentation and code to see if it can be optimized.

Apologize again for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Thank you for understanding, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.XLS