Spire.PDF is a professional PDF library applied to creating, writing, editing, handling and reading PDF files without any external dependencies. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.PDF for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:39 pm

In version 8.6 I would attempt to read a PDF and run into the `limited to 10 pages` exception.
In version 10.2 this exception does not get thrown and the processing still happens. I would not complain, but data past page 3 does not exist.

Code: Select all
PdfDocument pdf = new(applicationBytes); // this would throw an error if more than 10 pages in version 8.6

var form = pdf.Form as PdfFormWidget;

// version 10.2 will continue to process this

With version 10.2 I no longer see any extracted text past page 3.
If all I do is switch to version 8.6 then the same PDF will have extracted text beyond page 3.

Code: Select all
PdfTextExtractOptions extractorOptions = new()
{ IsExtractAllText = true };

PdfTextExtractor extractor = new(page);
var extractedText = extractor.ExtractText(extractorOptions);

Am I missing something needed for version 10.2 that was not needed in version 8.6?

Thank you.

cacowen_pdf

Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
For the latest free version of Spire.Pdf, the limitation have changed.

1) Can load more than 10 pages of file.
2) Only the first three pages are extracted here.

If your document beyong the limitation, I suggest you can test out commercial version (Spire.Pdf for net), for the new user, we are willing to provide a 1 month temporary license for your testing, if you need it, you can contact our sales team (sales@e-iceblue.com).

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:54 pm

Thank you. The documentation on download page reads:

Thank you for your interests in our Free Spire.PDF for .NET. It is totally free without any warning message for your commercial and personal use. Free version is limited to 10 pages of PDF. This limitation is enforced during loading and creating files. When converting PDF to Image, the first 3 pages of PDF files will be converted to Image format successfully.

But it should be:

"Thank you for your interests in our Free Spire.PDF for .NET. It is totally free without any warning message for your commercial and personal use.
The free version is limited to the first 3 pages of any loaded or created files."

Is that accurate?

:(

cacowen_pdf

Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:48 am

Hi,

For the FreeSpire.Pdf 10.2, you can load more than 10 pages of pdf file, but only create less than 10 pages of pdf file. Beside, the limiation of document conversion and extract content is 3 pages.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:49 am

Thanks a lot for the update. I will check it

PixelPioneer

Return to Spire.PDF