Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:27 pm

I am doing a POC for excel watermark functionality using Spire.XLS .
And I got a sample code from Forum. I am verifying this sample code in .net 6.0 framework

In that code, I am getting the below warning message in a few system.drawing properties like font, bitmap, etc...
"this call site is reachable on all platforms. 'font' is only supported on 'windows'"

Once we finalized the POC, I have to implement the logic in the microservices .it will run on a Linux container.

So, Will this component Work for me? because its shows, it will support windows only

sterlingfordev

Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry.
NET6.0 and NET7.0 itself does not support the System.Drawing.Common under the Linux environment, so if you are using NET6.0 or higher version under Linux environment, I suggest you using Spire.Office for.NETStandard.
In addition, for other NetFramework (such as NetFramework4.8、NetCore3.0), you can use Spire.XLS under Linux environment.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:19 am

Thanks for the information

We are using Spire.pdf for PDF files. We noticed it is also not working in the Linux environment,

Any suggestion?

sterlingfordev

Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:25 am

Hi,

Thanks for your inquriry.
Our Spire.PDF provides NET6 dll, which depends on System.Drawing.Common. This library is not supported on non-windows operating system from NET6.
Please note our netstandard dll in Spire.PDF uses the SkiaSharp to replace the System.Drawing.Common. It can work with non-windows operating system, also it is compatible with the NET6 platform. To avoid your issue, please download the Spire.PDF from our website (the latest version is Spire.PDF Pack(Hot Fix) Version:9.2.2), and manually add the DLLs from the folder “netstandard2.0” into your project, then install the following dependencies from Nuget. Or you can directly install our Spire.Officefor.NETStandard via NuGet Manager, which has included all the following dll files.
SkiaSharp >= 1.68.0
System.Text.Encoding.CodePages >= 4.5.0
System.Security.Cryptography.Xml >=4.5.0
If you have any other questions, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Triste
E-iceblue support team

Triste.Dai

Return to Spire.XLS