Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 am

Dear nolme,

Many thanks for that information.
I have noticed that issue and posted it to our Dev team. Once there is any progress, we will inform you soon.
So sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:19 am

Dear nolme,

After further investigation, we found our licensing is design-time and compile-time licensing. When you design the project, the License Compiler will process each entry within the licenses.licx file, verifying the component/control has a valid license. So when you view designer, Visual studio will create new license.licx file automatically. But after that rebuild the project, it will not throw the LC.exe error on my side, it can compile succesfully. So you needn't delete the license file agian after viewing the designer.
Did you still encounter the LC.exe error issue after viewing the designer ? We will appreciate it if you could describe the issue in detail.

Thanks,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:42 am

For the moment, I'm using the trial version so I don't have any licence and it may be the difference between our 2 configurations

nolme

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:56 am

Dear nolme,

Thanks for that information.
I also tested the scenario without a license file, so it is not the reason caused the issue. If you still get the LC.exe error after viewing the designer when rebuilding the project, I am afriad that now the solution is deleting the "licenses.licx" file in VS.
In addition, you can contact our sales team(sales@e-iceblue.com) to get a temporary license file for one month to have a better evaluation on our products.
If there is any question, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:37 am

I'm not sure to have understood.
Is this a bug which has been reproduced and will be corrected or not ?

nolme

Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

Dear nolme,

Thanks for the inquiry.
Sorry that I am afraid that there is no way to fix it at present. And now the only solution is deleting the "licenses.licx" file in VS.
Hope for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc