Spire.XLS is a professional Excel API that enables developers to create, manage, manipulate, convert and print Excel worksheets. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.XLS for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:37 am

Hello Experts,
Im converting XLSX file into PDF file using spire.xls-12.9.1 API. I have 2 points to clarify with.

1. Any exception thrown from the saveToFile() frunction, does not fall in try-catch block. It just prints in the application log. How to handle the exception using this API ?

2. Im getting the blank page on a particular sheet (it displays only the page heading) while executing workbook.saveToFile() function. The "Loan Payment Calculator" sheet has the values displayed from the "Model Inputs" sheet. But similar case is working for other sheets in the same workbook.

Sample code and sample source file are attached for your reference.

I really appreciate your help on this.
Attachments
ConvertExcelToPdf.zip
(128.37 KiB) Downloaded 149 times

UshaThavasiappan

Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your inquiry.
1. Any exception thrown from the saveToFile() frunction, does not fall in try-catch block. It just prints in the application log. How to handle the exception using this API ?
The exceptions are caught and handled by try-catch inside the saveToFile() method, therefore, the try-catch outside the saveToFile() method can’t catch any exception.

2. Im getting the blank page on a particular sheet (it displays only the page heading) while executing workbook.saveToFile() function. The "Loan Payment Calculator" sheet has the values displayed from the "Model Inputs" sheet. But similar case is working for other sheets in the same workbook.
After investigation, I have reproduced your issue and logged it into our bug system with the number SPIREXLS-4179, our development will investigate and fix it. Once it’s resolved, I’ll inform you in time. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

If you have any issue, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:01 am

Hello Abel,

Sure, Thanks for your immediate response.
Please do keep post me.

UshaThavasiappan

Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:34 am

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.
Once there are any updates, I'll inform you in time.

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:46 am

Hello,
Any update on this ticket ?

UshaThavasiappan

Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:58 am

Hello,

Thanks for your patience!
Glad to inform you that we just released Spire.Xls_12.10.3 for Java which fixes the issue with SPIREXLS-4179.
Website download link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/xls-for-java.html

Sincerely
Abel
E-iceblue support team

Abel.He

Return to Spire.XLS