Spire.Presentation is a professional PowerPoint® compatible library that enables developers to create, read, write, modify, convert and Print PowerPoint documents. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Presentation for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 am

My business logical often has the next case:
There is a list of large (big file length, many slides or both) presentations:
presentation1.pptx
presentation2.pptx
presentationN.pptx
In foreach statement this list I need to do stuff with only someone slide. For example, for presentation1 it is might be slide number 4, for presentation3 it is might be 1.

PROBLEM
Spire.Presentation opens large presentation a long of a time, even if I need work with only one slide from it.

QUESTION
There is any way to optimize the opening presentation to work with a certain slide?

AdamShakhabov

Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:58 am

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your inquiry.
There's no way to just load one slide because it is unreasonable. Just imagine, without loading the whole document, the application would not know the total slides number or the structure, then it's impossible to locate a certain slide according to the index.
For big files, absolutely it would cost a long time. Anyway, could you please share your large files to help our dev team investigate if there's an approach to optimize the time?
Please upload the files to DropBox or OneDrive and then provide the download link.

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 am

Hi Adam,

Greetings from e-iceblue!
How is the issue now? Could you please share the big file so that we could look into the case?

Sincerely,
Jane
E-iceblue support team

Jane.Bai

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:49 am

Hi,

Thanks for waiting.
Glad to inform you the issue is solved in Spire.Presentation Pack Hotfix Version:4.3.0. Please download it from following links:
Website link: https://www.e-iceblue.com/Download/down ... t-now.html
NuGet link: https://www.nuget.org/packages/Spire.Presentation/

Best wishes,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Presentation