Spire.Doc is a professional Word .NET library specifically designed for developers to create, read, write, convert and print Word document files. Get free and professional technical support for Spire.Doc for .NET, Java, Android, C++, Python.

Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:23 pm

I am working on application which need to open Word Document for the User using .Net Application. User should be able to edit the word content and save back the word to server as save file or a different file on server.
I am looking into Word Viewer sample but not sure how to make word editable and then save back to server.

NidhiAgarwal

Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:50 am

Dear NidhiAgarwal,

Thanks for your inquiry.
Our Spire.DocViewer supports viewing document, but it doesn't support editing file. Our Spire.Doc could edit document programmatically, you could use the two products together to achieve your target. Note, if you want to use two or more products in one project, you need to download Spire.Office and then reference corresponding dlls in your project.
Any question, please feel free to let us know.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 am

Dear NidhiAgarwal,

Hope you are doing well.
Did our products meet your requirement? Has your issue been resolved ? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:18 pm

Thanks for the response.
Yes i Can edit programmatically but the changes will come from the user interface. The interface should show the word document(Can be done by Spire doc viewer) but then if the user do some modification in real time and then save it. The new edited content with all formatting and controls should be save on the server.
Not sure how to achieve that using Spire.Office. CAn you help?

NidhiAgarwal

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:40 am

Dear NidhiAgarwal,

Thanks for your feedback.
I am afraid our products cannot achieve what you want at present.
If there is other question, just feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
Betsy
E-iceblue support team

Betsy.jiang

Return to Spire.Doc